Puzzled

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Acadia, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Could someone please post a link which lists the rules for posting to this forum? I've looked for them but can't find them. I'm puzzled why my previous post "Leaders of the Free World" was closed in a forum that states, "A place to hang out, where (almost) anything goes..", while a post like "Go Raiders" in a "security forum" is still open? Indeed, if political posts are inappropriate here then I apologize, I'm just now kind of afraid to post "almost anything" without seeing some rules. Thank you. (By the way, Go Raiders!)

Acadia

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

There's a link to TSO (Terms of Service) on the main forums page. Basically, "anything goes" allows humorous items (provided they don't run on and on) but doesn't cater for political matters, which tend to get heated and rancorous.

HTH

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ahhh, there it is, thanks, Checkout

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, Checkout is right. It's really a matter of experience - meaning bad experiences - when politics starts getting talked about. Like religious discussions, people get enflamed easily and such debates never turn out well.

There is also a pinned (sticky) thread at the top of ten-forward specifically about political postings...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3631

I hope you understand that it is nothing personal. We just need to head these things off before they turn ugly.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.