Pushing Configuration only on NOD32 Enterprise??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vertech, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vertech

vertech Registered Member

I recently installed NOD32 Enterprise on a clients network with 1 2K3 server and 15 clients. I installed on the clent systems by pushing the installation through RA, but this was my first RA install and I accidentally forgot to set a couple of the configuration settings the way I wanted. Is there a way that I can just push the configuration settings only to the clients without having to fully reinstall the NOD32 package?

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi vertech:

You may want to read this thread. The mirror is the best place to push out static settings. RA is best used for machine specific settings when needed or e.g. issuing a command for all clients to update at once (or a specific client).

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Actually, mirror is not the means recommended for pushing settings. Instead of the mirror function, we strongly recommend to use RA to push desired settings onto the client workstations.

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    In RAC...open the Configuration Utility. Open the config you made..edit it...save it according to same name or new name or however you wish to identify it. Now...on the main page of your RAC..where you see the status of all connected clients...you can right click a client or group of clients (obviously NOT your server..make sure you exclude that)...new task...configuration task..browse to where you kept the file (default is Program Files\Eset\RA\Console)...and update. You can hurry it along by right clicking and getting to "Update Now".

5. vertech

vertech Registered Member

Thanks for all the input. I knew there had to be a way to do it in RA.

:thumb:

6. andrator

andrator Registered Member

7. minerat

minerat Registered Member

When pushing updates via RA - is it supposed to completely overwrite the existing configuration? I'm having difficulty updating the list of update profiles - I am pushing a configuration via RA configuration task to one client with only a few elements configured, one of which is a new update profile. I want this update profile to replace the existing one, but when the config updates, the new profile is merely added alongside the existing ones. I can only get rid of the existing ones from the control center on the client. How do I completely wipe out the existing client config from the RA? How does the mirror's config interact with this?

Basically, I want to completely overwrite any existing configuration settings on the client. The new configuration will have more items unconfigured (left at default) and will have a new update profile that will replace the existing two (I don't want the old ones left on the client). I clients connect to a mirror for updates which is also set up to provide a configuration file. If I update the mirror, will it completely overwrite exisiting client settings?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  8. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Hello,

Is it possible to push configs via linux update mirror!?

If yes, how!?

Regards

Meg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.