Push installation to W2K8 R2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carello, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carello

Carello Registered Member

Hi,

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get ESET Remote Administrator working with Windows 2008 R2 servers, but no matter what I do I cannot push installations to these servers.

The servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2 in a virtual environment (VMWare) with ESET Remote Administrator Server installed on a 2008 R2 server and the Remote Administrator Console on another.
    The servers on which I'm trying to push installations to are all running Windows 2008 R2 with identical patches and applications, and they're all running as Remote Desktop Session Host servers (formerly Terminal Services).

The error I'm getting is "Access Denied" a few seconds after trying to push the installation packages to the servers;

I've been trying all kinds of different username/password combinations with the domain name when pushing the installations, nothing works.
    I've read something about a service called "ESET Remote Installation service", that must be run as domain admin, but no such service exists on ANY of my servers!

Please, I desperatly need to get this working within 2 days, or I have to move on to another antivirus supplier.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The service is called "ESET Remote Adminstrator Server". Make sure it's configured to run in the account of a domain administrator.

3. Carello

Thank you Marcos.
    The documentation states the service is called "ESET Remote Administration Installation Service", which would explain why it does not exist.

With that service configured to run as an account with domain admin rights, the remote installations work just fine - now if I could only figure out how to speed up the Remote Administrator refresh interval, 45 minutes for newly installed clients to show up does not sit well with me :)

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

That's easy, it's in the config that you push out to the clients. We have our checking in every 5 minutes, so the very most we have to wait from installation is around 5minutes (upto 10 minutes when upgrading).

Just tweak the setting to suit: Miscellaneous > Remote Administration > Interval betwen connections.

Jim

5. Carello

Thanks, I almost have things up and running now, just a few more things to sort out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.