Push Installation: Remote Registry Opening: Result Code: 2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mobatime, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobatime

Mobatime Registered Member

Hello everyone

I have a issue with the remote installation/diagnostic.
    I went through the checklist for the remote installation but getting an error on each client in the network.

[computername]
    Diagnostics user context: N/A
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
    Operating System Version: 5.1

Push installation simulation steps:
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info): Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info): Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info): Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info): Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info): Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Diagnostics conclusion: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

I've searched for this error but haven't found a solution so far.

I'm glad about any hint, help or solutions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nick0

Nick0 Registered Member

This is saying it was unable to find the Eset related keys in the registry.

Therefore, it is a Diagnostic PASS, assuming the machine does not have Eset installed.

3. Mobatime

Mobatime Registered Member

Thanks for your explanation.

On my first attempt I tried to remote install the client on the machine on which the ESET Administration Server is running. The Task failed and i assumed that this is because of the error code.

It seems that it isn't possible to push install the client to the ESET Administration Server itself.

Thanks a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.