push install to off-site, non domain computers

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by readymade, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. readymade

readymade Registered Member

I am able to push install and update configs for computers on our domain.
    I also have off-site, non domain computers connected to my console getting updates.

However, I am not able to push install or update configurations for these off-site computers.

Is this possible? Are there instructions? So far all i've found is for updating computers on the network.

thanks for your help

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Sure, just get them to "call in" to your ERAS. We do that for home users in our company as we don't make their computers domain members.

3. readymade

They already call in to our servers for updates. I assume you are talking about what you set in the client "Remote Administration" section of the setup tree? They connect to our server's external IP for updates.

Will that allow them to get install packages and config changes? It has never worked before when I created install tasks. They just say waiting forever.

Is there another section of the setup tree where I can enable that?

thanks

4. jimwillsher

Not that I can think of. We use that to dish out new configs, and also to trigger upgrades.

5. readymade

So you have to connect and manually install new versions of Eset when your off-site people need to be upgraded?

I thought you said above that you are able to do it remotely?

6. jimwillsher

No, we right click the computer in ERAC and choose an upgrade task, choosing the appropriate upgrade package. The next time the client connects it picks up the task and upgrades. We find that the client has to be connected for around 20 minutes, as that's how long it takes to download the new version from the server, but we don't have to do anything manually.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.