Purge IE

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by the Tester, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'm looking for a cleaner program that is "newbie friendly".During a Google search I found Purge IE.It looks really good,probably better than what I have!It's fairly inexpensive also($19.95).Does anyone have this program?I'm looking for a safe yet easy to use cleaner.Would this be a good choice compared to something like Supercleaner?Any thoughts are more than welcome.

2. I\'m Worried

I\'m Worried Guest

I'm sorry but i read this on your site here and it is true. lovetosecurity or something like that wrote a thing about purge ie saying that it doess not really purge anything. All it does it eliminate those files with a normal delete. An E-Mail to the maker of this program confirmed that. quick support I'll give them that. They say they hope to have wiping and not just deleting supported in "future versions". Too long for me. Greg.

3. the Tester

Oops!That's not cool.This program isn't as good as I was hoping it would be.That's why I ask here before installing a program like a cleaner.There are lots of programs that disappoint a user looking for a temp. internet file wiper.Thanks I/M.

4. Ghost

Ghost Guest

tT - Does that mean that you're not happy with InternetSweeper?

( direct d/l link http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1481/isfw.exe )

Personally, at the end of the days browsing session, after running SBS&D and IS, I run Eraser (yes, daily ).

5. the Tester

Hi Ghost. I switched from Internet Sweeper to Supercleaner a while ago.The interest in PurgeIE was for my Dad.I was scouting other prospects,comparing those programs to what I have on my pc.I have been researching different sites and programs that clean up tracks.I haven't found anything that looks as good as Supercleaner.I like that the price is a lifetime deal.Most promising programs that I found charge yearly.The free programs are ok,but not as good as the subcribed programs.(Index.dat cleaning in particular).IMO

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

You can give Window Washer a try, the program is doing the job very well.

Price is $ 29,95

More info at: www.webroot.com

7. the Tester

I found an interesting internet cleaner that I am testing.Its IE Privacy Cleaner.It does a good job with surfing tracks.It appears to do the index.dat file also.It claims to over-write that file.So far it looks good and has a lifetime license for $15.00.I'm going to download and install a trial version on a 98 os.Does anyone know more or has anyone tested this program?The link is: http://www.sz2001.com

8. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

I/M Worried is correct. I wrote that post about Purge IE a long time ago and things haven't changed. It's just a "deleter" which to their credit they admit -- but the name sure is misleading. At least according to the definition of purge in my dictionary!

John
    Luv2BSecure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.