purchasing question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by snowman, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

the following is not an immediate concern....will be a few weeks off.

I long intend to purchase TDS.......but refuse to use a credit card on line for any purpose.....an absolute non-breakable rule. I located a software dealer within a reasonable drive of my home that sells TDS......question: is this a legit practice.....question: if the offered TDS is not the current version...should it be purchased.....an updated on line. question: I noticed that there will be a new version of TDS....should I wait......not in a hurry.

thanks
    snowman

2. controler

controler Guest

Hey snowman

I use a bank visa card that only allows purchases of item costing no more then you have in your checking account.
    You get a new checking account that offeres a visa bank card and only use that for buying the really cool stuff you want in life. Even if sombody stole your card number, the most they could get is what you have in that account.

Hows that?

3. snowman

snowman Guest

Controlar

hey my friend.....say thats a really good idea....thanks for sharing.
    thanks friend

snowman

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

dont buy till tds 4 come out as a mater of fact no one buy till tds 4 come out lol puting the presure on them now lol=)

5. snowy

snowy Guest

Sir Blaser

but blaser they need time to do the job really really good.....thats why TDS is such a fine program.....

snowman

6. Mr.Blaze

lol i thought so to till i saw galvin lounging around in robe drinking capochinoe next to the pool=)

then i cought him playing fose ball with a few of his budys.

and just today in the lab i saw him playing pac man in the old arcade style game center he bought

so i know hes just takeing it easy=)

next time galvin leave your web cam off lol

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

MrBlaze, may i ask you to refrain from such advices? You know pretty well the guys work around the clock, the new stuff comes out at it's own chosen time.
    Further you know very well there is not any need to wait as the TDS-3 registered operators will be upgraded to TDS-4 for free.

For the question about the reseller around the corner:
    there are several mirror sites for downloading the software, TDS is only available for the money-part from DCS themselves, even though there are worldwide resellers with their "click to hop via them to DCS" accounts.
    On their website are several means of payment mentioned, if it makes you feel better you can also fax or mail a creditcard number or send them a check or whatever. Best look on their site in the shopping area for the various possibilities.

8. snowy

snowy Guest

Jooske

the TDS seller I made mention of is a local computer software store....not a website........the store claims to be selling "new" TDS....on CD. the store is about 25 miles from my home....would have to make a special trip there.
    its a reputable software store so far as I know....if I am in that area I'll stop in an check it out....right now I can't re-call the name of the store....its one of the small ones....not a major outlet.

snowman

p.s an thanks..you answered my questions

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I completely agree with Jooske, for 100 % !!!

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I can asure you, if TDS was available on official DCS CD-ROMS the world wide resellers would make lots of money, we would stuff whole companies with them. Also how about the registration key? That has to be generated by DCS only.
    We had the discussion recently on the private forum, so we are not aware of official DCS TDS versions on CD-ROM.
    So i'm very sure DCS will be most interested in your email with the store's name and other things you know about them, copy of the advertisement, etc.
    In the meantime i informed Wayne about this thread as well; so if i'm wrong he'll surely correct me asap.
    The software is downloadable (trial is free btw) from their various mirror sites, actual version is TDS-3, version 3.2.1
    and the registration and paying part is via their own sites/faxes/emails/paypal/checks/bank transfers/ etc. At least give it a try, if you like. (You might like PayPal?)
    www.diamondcs.com.au (on this site you see the shop and possibilities of payment at the left).

11. snowy

snowy Guest

**notation

this post ends any further duscusion by myself on this matter ***

earlier today I noticed the post by Jooske.....halted my own personal business.....an drove to the store in question......presented myself as a person wanting to purchased a cd of TDS...........THE STORE DOES NOT SELL TDS......of this I am satisfied.
    this was a very exhusting experience for me due to my poor health at this time......once again the doctors are asking me to re-enter the hosiptal.......in spite of my personal condition I went the extra mile......an I am convinced there is no wrong doing. my own business suffered because of this.......however, the matter is resolved.
    realizing that no one here actually is awear of another persons personal business.....I wish to very politely state.....that the snowman is no "snitch" an would be extremely offended should anyone approach me in such a way. if there was..an there is not..a problem...it would have been a very small mattter to have it resolved.....fortunately there is no problem....as a business person I understand the need to protect a product....an would not condon thief......there are numerous avenues to resolve such issues........legally and to the satisfaction of the offended party...in this case there is no offended party.
    ....there were youngsters....perhaps on school vacation..working in the store...any of which in over=zealousness could have stated in-correctly that a product was available.......when in fact it was not.
    personally I consider this matter closed. what began as a very simple question has caused me a great deal of personal in-convienence.....an I do not wish to become further burdened at a time when my own well being is in a questionable state.......please respect that. thank you

snowman

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Snowman,

Sorry, I don't understand why you seemed to get angry.
    But my not-understanding is absolutely not important here.

You said:
    Please Snowman, everyone here in our "forum-family" is only wishing the very best for you. Please, please listen to your doctors.

Please take good care of yourself snowy, your health is the most important thing, all the rest can wait.
    We do care about you, snowman !!!!!!!

Best wishes, Jan.

13. snowy

snowy Guest

FanJ

did not intend to come off as sounding angry....such is not the case...not at all.
    in a geat deal of pain the past 48 hours...just not mentioning it......however,,,,,FAnJ there is no anger....just exhustion and pain....a bad combination......maybe I should shut down for a few days so as to avoid anyone mis-understanding ?
    an thank you FanJ...an everyone for caring...this health problem has evolved into a very serious issue....no longer just a problem......but I'll deal with it. I guess the drive to that store was just alittle to much.....I honestly didn't notice it until you posted......will get some rest.

snowman

14. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Snowman,

No problem, I understand.

Please, again please, listen to that advice of your doctors and also take the necessarry rest before it's getting more and more worse with your health.....

Best wishes, Jan.

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thank you for being very helpful trying to sort this matter out. When you read the advertisement again just doubt or email it to DCS to solve it their way.
    We did not know about a possible fraud, we here told you to stay on the safe side and download the software from their own side/mirrors and decide in the meantime when trying it out how you would like to pay a possible registration. You've seen on the site in the meantime there are several ways to your convenience.

Further take care with yourself and let them in the hospital take care of you too. I wonder about the other persons who ate the food have such bad reactions for all those weeks too or is it just you?
    Anyway a good rest and limited time around the computer won't harm i guess.
    We'll hear from you!

16. taba

taba Registered Member

Snowman - This may be a bit OT, but I heard of a new option for what sounds like secure online purchases. Tried to find an article to link, but no luck so far.

The local news mentioned the benefits of new credit cards made specifically for for online purchases, which create a unique credit card number on the fly for each purchase. As they explained it, it did sound like a good way to work around current security issues for online credit card use. Can't remember the details, but will keep looking for an article. I also remember a commercial for credit cards aimed at online purchasing.

A new credit card is not practical for a single purchase, but it is looking really good to me.

17. taba

taba Registered Member

A couple of articles about improvements in secure online credit card use:

http://www.banktechnews.com/btn/articles/btnoct01-1.shtml
    http://pressroom.discovercard.com/articles/082801_0940267.shtml

May be of interest for future.

18. Mr.Blaze

lol i was being playful about them just kicking back i know there busy but im so long waited for tds 4 that i swear when it comes out ill have two kids and a wife by then lol.

i swear you guys take things way to seriosely espechialy knowing me for so long lol you should know how i work by now tds 4 tds 4 tds 4 lol

19. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great plans MrBlaze? Make it a rubn for the clock then, who's first, you with your wife and two kids meeting today and being married seriously or TDS-4 serious version?
    Let's wait and see what comes.

20. FanJ

FanJ Guest

LOL, this board wouldn't be the same without you Blaze.
    Here, you got a Karma point from me. :)
    Hey, you send me pictures of your kids by then, wouldn't you? (wished I had kids myself, but that's another topic).

21. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I have a serious purchasing question. Does DCS have a nice solid physical address to which money-orders can be sent? Snail mail may be slow but it works. I only do online stuff through my bank, and even then only when I'm certain of the security levels. Using a lot of online purchasing solutions is like selling your soul at times. Can an addy be provided? Please? ;)

22. PistnBroke

PistnBroke Registered Member

Hey Prince,

Yes you can use snail mail to purchase TDS, this is the address.....

TDS-3 Registrations
    Diamond Computer Systems Pty. Ltd.
    74 Pinnaroo Drive
    Padbury, WA 6025
    Australia

... but you also need to fill in a form, open TDS site, click on REGISTRATION and scroll down til you see it :)

23. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi PistnBroke! That most certainly helps. Thank you!

24. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi all,
    welcome new posters here (and the known posters welcome too of course :))
    Like said somewhere above, go to their web site and click on the "shop" link at the left, which brings you at a whole list with payment options, among which physical checks etc. Or bank to bank, whatever you want, registration has several ways from clicking to send the form encrypted from your TDS console (so an eventual CC number is encrypted with that too).. look at the pages to see some possibilities.
    What's wrong with faxing including a CC number? They're on a secure site, what do you think, security experts themselves.

25. Mr.Blaze

or you can give blaze your money lol i take credit card travlers checks cod's checks lol your mamah got gold fillings ill take those to lol=)

ill protected you with my cool smiley=)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.