Purchasing Autoupdate licences in mass

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JMThomas, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMThomas

JMThomas Registered Member

I'm a computer tech, and after I clean off a virus/spyware infection for a private citizen, I install Spyware Blaster and explain to them how they can purchase the autoupdate subscription. Frequently they ask me to go ahead and get one for them.

So I spend 20 minutes dragging out one of my charge cards and going through the registration/payment hassle with their machine in front of me (as you need the uniquly generated machine id as part of the registration). It takes me 20 minutes given network response times, filling in my payment information, etc.

What I'd like is to pre-purchase a block of 10 or 20 licenses and be able to install one of them in under two minutes.

I realize this might involve some trust between Javacool and myself, and there might not be an easy way to implement this without having the overworked javacool staff write some more code.

Still, if there were a program I could use (on my honor) to generate a key, it would be nice. An alternative might be a web page that drew against an account (or remembered billing information) and kept a record of machine id/keys generated.

The goal here is to allow semi-mass enablement of autoupdate. Not only would this speed my work, but could be used by a company deploying autoupdate on a "volume license" or "site wide" situtation for all its 50+ machines at the same time.

Thanks for thinking about this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.