Published Review - Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rjbsec, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

8th position for KAV?

3. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

The best of all is the advertisment of Bit-defender above the comparison chart :D (which is the best according to the comparison)

4. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

True - however there are "Buy" links for all of the products!

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

O man,how i hate such idiotic reviews. No P2P protection? The have no clue lol.
    Every AV with RT scanner has a P2P protection. And AVG beter than KAV lol. Joke of the year.

7. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

8. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

I wouldnt use that website for the reviews in the future. Use VB or AV-Comparatives which are more trusted and reliable sites for anti-virus comparisons.

Regards,

snowboard

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

It is not clear what criteria was used to rate the different AVs, but it does appear (based upon the reviews) that user interfaces were an important component. In this regard, KAV clearly lost lots of points - and deservedly so. Who ever designs KAV's end-user interface should really go through some sort of refresher course - at a minimum. The latest gem: to turn off Real-time start-up scanning, you need to turn off start-up scanning in the ..... On-demand scan interface. Hmmmm ...... Definitely there is need for lots of improvement. I wonder if Kaspersky ever goes through any kind of usuability testing with their interface.

Rich

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

They said kaspersky interface is complicated. The trouble is they show a boxed version 5 av but in the screen shot they show an earlier more complicated version. a mistake? or just a poor av test by non knowledgable people. My guess would be the second choice.

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Reading from users comments here on Wilders i see the frustration of developers.
    People say NOD32 has complicated inteface,people say KAV has complicated interface etc... WTF!? What do they want anyway? If NOD32 and KAV have complicated intefaces,what should they see then? One small window with two buttons, Scan and Quit. And even this would probably be too complicated :rolleyes:
    If you want features you need a bit more complex interface. Who wants dumb limited AV a? Face it,AV is not an arcade game. It's an antivirus, and such it needs to be flexible, so user can adjust it to it's needs.

If someone says KAV 5 has complicated interface,then god help him.
    KAV has the most straight-forward interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.