pt 2. PREVX memory hog on Terminal Server 2003

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by lococos, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lococos

lococos Registered Member

I posted 1 week ago with having PREVX on my terminal server and being a memory hog
    I was responded by PREVX Support with start, run:
    taskkill /f /im prevx.exe
    then
    sc start sciscanner

this appears to me to be kill the task of prevx.exe and to restart the sciscanner process once again. What I've notice is with my terminal server already having a script run under each persons profile in active directory, it made my server do really odd things like stop communication with my SBS server.

One thing i did notice is that under the services.msc, sciscanner process was showing everything greyed out. There was no option to restart or stop the service. It showed as if you can only disable on startup. And to confirm, i installed as administrator and tried to manage under administrator.
    It's like as if the service was locked down.

Any other thoughts?
    Right now, i've uninstalled PREVX from my terminal server to stop the 200 + megs of process hogging.

thanks.
    Brian.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    If you'd be interested, we can schedule a remote support session to look closer at the issues you are experiencing. However, we do prefer that we communicate via our support inbox as that lets us get a direct channel of communication - if you could please write back through our support inbox, we will be able to investigate the issue closer directly with you there.

Thank you! :)

3. lococos

lococos Registered Member

I understand the good in allowing admins connect to further test for abnormal activities but my security comes first to not allowing anyone any access other than employees for the task at hand. I'd be more than happy to test and pull logs if that's the case.

thanks.
    Brian.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you please try saving a log by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and send it to report@prevxresearch.com? We will hopefully be able to get some further information from there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.