PSMAntiKeyLogger : smss.exe problem identified by GhostSecuritySuite v1.420 32 bit

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by duweoi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duweoi

duweoi Registered Member

Hi,

http://psmantikeyloger.sourceforge.net/prod01.htm

When I try to install this software on one computer it is fine. However if I try to install this on another computer, then upon start up GSS says that PSM wants to terminate smss.exe (PSMAntiService=Automatic). Irrespective of whether Allow or Block is chosen, I get a Blue Screen of Death.

If I switch PSMAntiService=Manual, then login, then start PSMAntiService, I get BSD.

In order to prevent BSD, I have to switch PSMAntiService to Manual, then kill smss.exe manually, and then start PSMAntiService

Does anyone know why PSM's attempt to terminate smss causes BSD? (it ony happens on one computer)

Thanks

(p.s. have I put this in the correct forum site? I put it here because Ghost Security Suite v1.420 32 bit identified the underlying problem).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

Re: PSMAntiKeyLogger : smss.exe problem identified by GhostSecuritySuite v1.420 32 bi

BSOD comes with GSS1.4.20 everytime { execution = ask/block } with the error msg : SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_MANAGER_....FAILED
    In order to GSS1.4.20 working on xp/2k3 with no BSOD, no block factor to these settings { exe; start apps; install driver; terminate }

3. duweoi

duweoi Registered Member

Re: PSMAntiKeyLogger : smss.exe problem identified by GhostSecuritySuite v1.420 32 bi

Hi Cafeshop, in my case the BSOD is not caused by GSS but is caused by PSM. I uninstalled GSS and the system still went BSOD. GSS helped me identify at what point the system was failing.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.