Psiphon

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Climenole, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi all :)

I would like to know if somebody here is a user of Psiphon as server or client.
    What's your opinion about the program et the way the service is implemented ?

The idea of Psiphon, allowing poeple living in countries with censorship to access the uncensored web via Psiphon,
    is a good idea but it seems a little bit tricky to match these poeple with the Psiphon server operators...

What is your experience with Psiphon and have you some hints for me?

Thank you.

:)

Ref.:
    http://psiphon.civisec.org/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. llista

llista Guest

I have not tried it and it is unlikely I never will, the idea that the persorn letting you use his/her internet connexion as a proxy gets the right to check what you do puts me off.

The Psiphon forum has even the comments of an operator saying I was happy to see that this guy from Iran accessed homosexual pages, I don't mind at all

Surely some operators get the kicks out of legally snooping on the people using their internet connexion, it will surely cut proxy abuse, but this is not the way to go.

3. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

I know this program is running between relatives or friends
    e.g. from Canada and China. The problem is: TRUST

true north

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.