Proxy Problem

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by Chromeplated, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chromeplated

Chromeplated Registered Member

I am currently evaluating the free version of Colasoft. My boss is willing to purchase the product on my recommendation. Having said that I need assistance.
    We are saturating our inbound Internet connection, so we are trying to determine where the bandwidth is going. We are a proxied evironment so I have Colasoft running on our ISA 2006 Std. server. The problem I have is I am unable to determine who is accessing what websites. When you look at the HTTP Proxy protocol all of the source machines are the Proxy server. What am I doing incorrectly? Is there a way to get the IP address of the requesting computer in a proxy setup?

Thanks for your help!

2. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

Hello,

I would suggest you install and run Capsa on your HTTP proxy server in order to view real source IP addresses. Please also configure to capture all NIC cards on the proxy server. Then you can say your real source IP addresses.

I don’t think Capsa free edition would support multi-network adapters. But you can give a try to see if it is doing what you like.

For more info. I advise you to contact our sales team, who can help you quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.