proxomitron ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by itsmej, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

i am wondering do people still use this?

i have for and since the first one was made by Scot lemon.till and up to the last one before his passing..
    i have used it from 98 to now windows,7- 32 bit and now 64 bit
    just copy pasting the files.and managed to keep it updated as possible.(filters)
    and make my own.or rather add to them or modify.
    just do not surf without this fine program.
    also use it with Tor networks ,and work 100%
    itsmej

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

thank you yes i do have all that i can get, and is available

for one tiny second it hit as me lovely a new proximate! (program made?)

but yes i now and then go to the forum and read up..to see what is what..often merge new filters and try them out..
    itsmejjj

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Proxomitron still enjoys a loyal user base. It's been part of my security package for a long time. Proxomitron is one of those rare, timeless jewels that defies obsolescence. The only real limits to its filtering and content modifying abilities is its users. IMO, It's potentially more useful and valuable now than it has ever been. There's more interactive content, scripting, malicious code, and just plain junk in web content than ever before, most if not all of it filterable with Proxomitron. As long as an OS will run it and allow users to set proxy settings to route traffic thru it, Proxomitron will remain viable.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Another very important feature is that the same settings works across browsers. No need to hunt around for browser-specific add-ons.

6. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

yes this i found over the years is still very potent.in what its made for the thing i keep thinking of is the programmer.how clever he was making this application..
    to think it still works so well even after 12 years! and the advanced OS that been made since.xp with server packs ,visa,now win 7 ...

imagine what it could be if he were still around.i often say it .baring a little dressing up it could of used.and use, its fairly stable..
    but i am grateful i have it. as it is any how..
    and when you conciser using proxy ips and thy now want you to pay up for similar applications.i think don't even get close to this..
    itsmej

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.