Proxomitron andCompression Routine

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by octogen, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octogen

octogen Registered Member

My ISP offers a compression routine that allows web pages to be loaded up to five times faster. It supposedly acts as a proxy. My problem is that I would like to continue to use Proxomitron. Is there a way to setup Proxomitron so that I can use both? Thanks in advance.

2. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

I suspect you are referring to AOL or Earthlink's broadband offering. If so it should not cause a problem with your proxy. To my knowledge, frequently visited pages ect are cached for faster access (not really a proxy) as u are right . . . you can not have to simultaneous proxies.

I think it is 'poetic license' for them to call it broadband but its 'Custer's last stand 'for the dail-ups.

If i'm wrong here or misunderstood your ?, smarter dudes will be along and correct me!

3. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

You can configure Proxomitron to use an external proxy
    Dolf

Attached Files:

4. octogen

octogen Registered Member

Thanks, Dollfie and libbo1. I visited Proxomitron's forum and found out you can chain another proxy to Proxomitron, as Dollefie stated. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.