Provoke an Update via DOS Command line?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duncantuna, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duncantuna

duncantuna Registered Member

External Application scheduler problem

New question.

I can't seem to get an external task to execute.

I've created a task that should execute a batch file, test.bat. Inside test.bat is a simple command, MKDIR c:\test ..

Upon running this task via Run Now, it should run test.bat, which would create the directory \test. It does not. No error message, nothing in the log, zippo.

Heck, if I delete test.bat alltogether, and hit Run Now of the task, it doesn't error, which it should, since it shouldn't be able to find the test.bat file to run.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the external application task not able to run .bat files?

(Notes: I'm on WinXP, running these tasks thru NOD32's GUI on the desktop. I deleted all other tasks, this is the only one scheduled.)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I don't think so - none of the command line options I see in the documentation/helpfiles seem to indicate this kind of functionality. It would be nice, but generally, an update is scheduled on each machine hourly from either your update mirror, or Eset's servers anyway.

Do you run your own update mirror on an administrator version in-house at all?

3. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

...uhmmm o_O o_O o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.