Protocol filtering window missing options in Win7 installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tango Yankee, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tango Yankee

Tango Yankee Registered Member

Greetings all,

No matter what search terms I've used I've not found that anyone else has posted this problem.

I am having a problem with NOD32 blocking a laptop from being able to connect to a sign to upload new messages. When I ran into this on another laptop I was able to fix it through the Protocol filtering settings so I went back to that first laptop to check the settings. What I found is that in a Windows XP installation I can make changes to the Protocol filtering settings. On a Windows 7 installation the options just aren't there.

Here's a screen shot of the Windows XP installation Protocol filtering window:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/Tango_Yankee/Work/NOD32ProtocolFilteringWindowsXP.jpg

And here's the Windows 7 installation Protocol filtering window:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/Tango_Yankee/Work/NOD32ProtocolFilteringWindows7.jpg

Would this be an unresolved bug? Has anyone run into this and found a way to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Tom

PS The Post preview shows the images showing up as links rather than images even though they've been entered with the IMG coding using the button in the editing tools. Sorry for any inconvenience!

2. Wallaby

Wallaby Registered Member

3. Tango Yankee

Tango Yankee Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response, Wallaby. It appears you had the same question. I had come across the knowedge base post about adjusting protocol filtering settings but it didn't seem to apply to my problem as the screen shots do have the setting change options I don't have in Win7. Reading the note a bit closer I see that this is due to changes in the Windows Filtering Platform which I gather is part of the Windows firewall.

Of course, since the firewall is turned off when connected to the domain any changes I make there won't help. There is apparently no way for me to change the settings to allow the connection I need without moving my user back to XP.

Guess I will call the sign people tomorrow and toss the problem into their lap.

Thanks again!
    Tom

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Eset preventing to what, web site, intranet ? Any error messages etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.