protection from Trojans?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by j2callie, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2callie

j2callie Registered Member

(cross post from WOODY'S LOUNGE here regarding an article in the July 18 ABC newscast about Keyloggers )

My concern/question came from reading the article and the following a link in it to the Trojan Horse Demo by Hacker Eliminator, at:

~removed link to conform to TOS~ dog

"In testing we have tried several other firewall programs and ran the SubSeven server without raising any alarm whatsoever. The reason is that SubSeven will open a port on the computer as soon as it starts up ready and listening for the hacker to connect. As the port is already open when the standard firewall opens, it simply trusts it and ignores the Trojan."

Sooo, does this mean that my firewall (ZA) is NOT protecting me from outbound requests?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2005
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You might also try posting in the Other Firewalls forum.

3. controler

controler Guest

I don't know why the link to the trojan DEMO was removed. That demo is
    over two years old now.

I actualy checked out Lockdowns site the other day just to see if anything new was happening with them.
    Doesn't appear to be any new ennovation on their site these days either.

controler

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Do you know the answer to the original post?

5. nightflight1

nightflight1 Guest

Perhaps you could run a port checker like Active Ports or Portmon (both free) to check for suspicious activity. Also that's another reason we all still need anti-trojan software imo because with all the HIPS & IDS 'this and that' software around, if you get a trojan on your computer by, for example installing a program that you though was malware free, it still comes down to your anti-trojan to stop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.