Protection from possible attacks

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by infoj, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infoj

infoj Registered Member

Hi to all folks here. Been browsing these forums for some time, a bunch of useful info here.

Sorry for my bad English.

In short:

We got a new guy at work a couple of months ago. When he arrived, he became friend on facebook with almost anyone. Point is, a bunch of people didn't even send him friend requests he accepted. I don't have fb so im not 100% sure about it, but at least 5 different people claimed the same.

Recently he cracked other colleague password for business e-mail and found some 'bad' mails about him. He printed cca 50 mails and carried them to firm lawyers and HR department. He said he suffered mobbing. He didn't and he lies. Some of e-mails printed were faked. His contract went out, so he's protecting himself by any means necessary.

He'll probably get fired soon, I hope. It's really complicated, don't want to choke u with details.

Of course, I'm worried about my privacy and safety. It may sound paranoid, but if someone is capable of cracking someones e-mail password and doing fb tricks, then I believe he's capable of anything.

I changed all my mail passwords. I don't log into computers at work since this e-mail incident. I don't plan to until he's fired.

Is that enough?

I couldn't think of more basic protection measures than changing passwords and simply avoiding computers he's got access to.

tnx

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

If he has physical access to the machines and magically cracked the passwords to others' email accounts, it is not unlikely he has installed a keylogger/trojan/backdoor. This would allow him to remotely monitor and control your office computers even after he is fired. Contact your IT administrator and inform him of the breach, he should have a policy for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.