Prospective New User

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wbritnell, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbritnell

wbritnell Registered Member

I'm currently running Norton Internet Security 2004 and Webroot Spysweeper on my home PCs. Norton is about to expire, and I want to replace it with faster, less resource intensive products. NOD32 comes highly recommended. Are NOD32, Spysweeper and jv16 compatible? What other seciurity apps will be needed along with NOD32 and Spysweeper to replace the Norton suite? Any specific recommendations or good review sources on a combination of security apps including parental control? Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello . Welcome to Wilders !

You are right . You can read more info here :
    http://www.eset.com/products/index.php

NOD32 is compatible with Webroot's SpySweeper . I have never heard of program jv16 but NOD is generally compatible with all other softwares , no worries ;)

You will need a firewall to protect against hackers . You can use free the built-in into Windows XP firewall called Windows Firewall . You can also use ZoneAlarm free , Comodo free, Outpost and any other firewall you want .

I can't think of such review at the moment . Have you used the popular NetNanny ? I personally have never needed such software ... but you can read more about Parental control here

You are welcome !

P.S. -> I encourage you download and try NOD32 as soon as possible and enjoy the best protection . If you decide on NOD , post back so that we provide you with instructions how to remove Norton + suggestions for the NOD usage . Nice day :thumb:

3. berng

berng Registered Member

You may want to ask about parental control in the software & services forum. Being more specific would help - that is what kind of a parental control do you need? Blocks on internet sites by category or time limit controls for each child user? Or both?

4. wbritnell

I just want to block sites inappropriate for kids. Somebody mentioned NetNanny, I'll cjeck it out. Thanks.

5. wbritnell

I've learned that jv16 and NOD32 are not completely compatible. I will have to exclude the jv16 executable in NOD32 or disable AMON in NOD32 each time I run jv16. Is it easy to exclude executables in NOD32? Thanks.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May be someone from ESET can tell for sure it is incompatible , as i said I am not sure . You are welcome !

About the parental control - if you have teens , it will be difficult to control them . If you have younger childer , NetNanny would do an excellent job . NetNanny is paid software , as far as I know . ;)

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

8. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

I have been using jv Power Tools v4 alongside various versions (now 2.70.16) of NOD32 for over 12 months now without any conflict whatsoever.

9. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've used JV 16 power tools w/o any issues. In fact just purchased JV 16 Power Tools 2006, no problems. Check your source.

W/ regard to parental filter, try K9 : www.k9webprotection.com/
    It blocks inappropriate sites w/ several levels of protection, you can add keywords to block sites, add individual sites, groups of sites, and limit internet usage. Best of all, it's a freebe.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.