** ProSecurity -OPEN BETA RELEASED- **

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TECHWG, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: NEW HIPS: Alpha testing by pm

We are very close now to an "Open Beta" status. We are just working round a slight 64bit CPU issue and a couple of other things and then when we are done we will be posting a download link to our software. Anyone who posts in our forum about bugs or opinions that can help is will be assured to get a free licence when we are fully released "Final Product" status.

I would like to also put the point across that there will be a "Freeware" mode of ProSecurity in which you will have more than enough Functionality to protect your self if you can not afford to pay for the more powerful advanced options we add.

Please go to our forum and sign up for a free account so you can help us with your opinions, bug reports and suggestions.

http://www.proactive-hips.com/forum

Thank you for your patience and interest so far.

Best regards

WG

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Apologize for the lack of attention personally but will definitely let you know i fully intend to get on this at the very least when Open-Beta status is announced.
    Theres nothing more ambitious or exciting IMHO then a well-rounded new HIPS program thats chief aim is to INTECEPT and PREVENT before something is allowed to waltz into and attach freely like is expected and commonly unaccepted but constant risk on windows systems like microsoft's current make-up is designed to allow.

3. .....

..... Registered Member

Please keep us updated on this product. I will definatly test when in public BETA.

4. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I will most certainly inform you and everyone. Its a pleasure to see people interested in new software. Stay tuned !:thumb:

Also feel free to sign up to our forum too for faster updates.

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: NEW HIPS: ProSecurity -BETA

We have a slight problem with a strange BSOD, and a small network protection compatability problem with another packet filtering software we are working on fixing, BUT i am confident that we will probably have this fixed within a few small days i am hoping. the BSOD may take a few days or more since its a very strange BSOD and it has almost no info on it and it only happens once in a while . . .

Also i have asked a moderator in this forum to rename my post to a better "more accurate" topic title.

Rough ETA to "open beta" status is about 5 days or less. If something creeps up and bites us in the ass it might me longer.

6. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: NEW HIPS: ProSecurity -BETA

so far that i am aware from internal beta 1.05 i believe we have fixed the network outbound problem now. I speculate if everything is all well, we will release within 24 hours. UNLESS . . the Developer wants to work on anything else before we go public open beta status. So far i am running ProSecurity on my main pc, and i have not had any BSOD or any other problem since this new driver of PS. Lets cross our fingers !:thumb:

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I am happy to announce that the developer has decided to now release ProSecurity as an "Open Beta status. Please feel free to download and help us make this the best HIPS software ever developed.

http://www.proactive-hips.com/

Please use the forum on the site to detail any problems, suggestions, theory's etc

Thankyou very much to all the alpha/beta testers that have helped us thus far !

WG

8. .....

..... Registered Member

Downloading now. Will test shortly in a virtual machine and post results. :thumb:

9. mrisis

mrisis Registered Member

Downloaded and installed fine, only problem I had is that it shut down my filesystem real time protection on my av. o_O

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

What AV are you using ?

11. mrisis

mrisis Registered Member

Symantec Antivirus Corp.

Well It finally allowed my realtime scanner to load, apparently it was just a little slow in picking it up.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  12. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

So far it looks very nice, some suggestions :) :

- Remember GUI size, plus column width
    - Remember last selected tab
    - Ability to sort all columns

- Out of the box registry protection
    - Password protection

Problem:

- Can´t launch external tools in Maxthon (process spawning problem)

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Quick Q...

Is Pro Security already been in-lab or in-house tested by your team as to compatibililty with either or both CyberHawk (beta) or System Safety Monitor standard (Both HIPS) or would you prefer and suggest to disengage those apps while conducting this run of this new HIPS? I have no problem with running Pro Security alone during this phase of observances for issues but interested in your take on that.

I sense some conflict perhaps if Pro Security needs to position itself in areas that are already occupied with the others. I'm sure you understand that possibility and might likely negate a coverage with another HIPS already garrisoned at strategic internal system locations where you may need some feedback from the Pro Security program assuming the Full Control on it's own.

Thanks.

14. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Easter, I've e-mailed PS yesterday about conflits w/ SSM yesterday. I'm waiting for a reply.

15. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

we have yet to test all the compatabilitiy problems yet since we are mainly fixing peoples glitches they have at the moment, at the moment it seems to be stable apart from an individuals application conflicts. if you have issues please tell the author

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks...............

Will begin to put it thru some test phases and disengage apps if that becomes neccessary but more importantly will alert to your forum any issues that might need attention.

17. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Thanks very much

18. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Version 1.07 released.
    Uninstall older version in safe mode before installing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.