Prosecurity 1.4 released.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChicknDip, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicknDip

ChicknDip Registered Member

ProSecurity v1.40
    What's new?[Dec. 16, 2007]
    -------------------------
    1. [NEW] Importing/Exporting rule creation time supported.
    2. [NEW] A column "Rule Creation Time" is added in the application rule list.
    3. [NEW] A "Gather" function is added for file/registry protection group.
    4. [NEW] The enable/disable function is added for the file/registry group/rule.
    5. [NEW] A new "show application icon" option is added for the application rule list.
    6. [IMPROVED] The ability of detection the ICMP packets is improved.
    7. [IMPROVED] Ask user whether import a group if it has a same name as one of the existing groups.
    8. [IMPROVED] Speeded up the application rule lists.
    9. [IMPROVED] The self protection function is improved for the uninstall files.
    10.[FIXED] Fix a bug of alarm.exe which may cause dead-lock.
    11.[FIXED] Fix a bug which cause the learning mode didn't learn Loading Application function works well in the "more security" mode.
    12.[FIXED] Fix a bug which cause the OLE function losts its function in some cases.
    13.[FIXED] Fix more than 10 bugs of the GUI.

Support OS: Windows 2000 SP4. XP SP1 SP2, 2003, Vista x86.
    Download URL: http://www.proactive-hips.com/download/pssetup.exe
    Support Email:support@proactive-hips.com

http://www.proactive-hips.com/

2. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

ProSecurity is simply the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!

true north

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Excellent app, yes, but its marketing tactic... a bit... to say the least...interesting./

In its special offer scheme: three(3) categories are illustrated, and hence let me wonder why would an excellent security program need such a style of marketing plan ?

Why wouldn't it offer a cross board deep discount for users w/o any visible strings attached ? Plain and simple will certainly make users to trust its wisdom further and more.

Under current discount offer, I just wonder whether friend has submitted my e mail address to them w/o my consent. Dam--- Privacy issue again.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Further to my previous post, I begin to wonder those who post positive reviews here or elsewhere are or are not indeed a participant of such special offer ? Heavy clouds hanging over my head.

Take care.

5. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Will there be a free version of Prosecurity 1.40? Otherwise ill be sticking to 1.30.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Any screenshots of the new GUI? Thanks :p

7. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Seems to be a fairly minor update?

I suppose HIPS are reaching the limit in terms of complexity and PS is the most complicated one out there right now, followed by SSM , Comodo's Defense+ and EQsecure (not sure which order).

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

You can see screenshots in the helpfile, just download the app. ;)

Yes this might become a problem, so perhaps it´s a good idea to make some kind of whitelist, like what they currently doing in KAV. And learning mode may also help, eventhough I´m too paranoid to use it. And I wonder how often you will get to see alerts about "COM/DDE/OLE control" with PS, something that I don´t really understand at the moment. Another interesting things is "fake keyboard/mouse" input, I wonder how this would work in a real life malware attack.

Btw, LUSHER, I think it would be useful if you cleaned more than only 1 message in your inbox.

9. guest

guest Guest

this soft has a bug.
    and this may be dangerous.
    i download it and try.
    test with keylogger program. when keylogger is running prosecurity alert me; log keylog.
    i block it.
    keylogger cant dedect my keypress.
    but when i press number key or turkish alphabet special key , keylogger dedect my keypress and prosecurity cant protect me.
    be carefully if you using this soft.

10. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Workiing great for me here including keylogger detection. Perhaps yo have come across something special.? If you have then I would suggest that you post the details over at the Pro Security Forum:

http://www.proactive-hips.com/yabb/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=General

The developer, PS-Dev, has said in the past that if anyone found a keylogger that ProSecurity could not protect against they should pass him the details and he would investigate/work to produce a solution within PS.

I am sure that he would welcome the infromation.:D

11. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Don't worry neither do I (and not just for PS, also for Comodo firewall). One sign we are too dumb to handle "dumb" HIPS .. lol..

It works great and is very easy to do. No doubt there is a good reason why this isn't used more?

12. Rasheed187

Can you explain yourself? Is this feature working great in PS (is it really useful) or is this used succesfully by malware a lot? It does sound like a nice feature, because I can imagine that it can stop certain kind of attacks. If I´m correct Sensive Guard claims to be able to distinguish between user input and possible malicious input. Sounds nice in theory, but if it really works, that´s the question.

Well, it all depends, if not a lot of legitimate apps are using this method, it becomes a lot easier to deal with. The only thing I know is that it can be used to bypass the firewall.

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I agree. HIPS is reached a lull IMO. No real earthshattering excitement over recent releases as well as no updated versions, at least in my case, for EQSecure (shame), and after it had taken on the appearance that it might just overtake the field. A real teaser.

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think one issue that affects all the HIPS, like Prosecurity,SSM,etc is economic's. Just not enough sales to justify what it takes to go further. Plus Vista makes it a lot harder on the developers.

We may be looking at the limits for now.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That said a mouthful right there. Vista is demanded much more time to address coupled with all the extra efforts into a very mediocre O/S that $M seen fit to push out for distribution just at the very time vendors had finally perfected total security for XP as well as in excellent imaging products.

How else can they maintain their sparkling reputation as a spoiler.

16. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I have to agree 100% with Peter, the market is really limited and the sales do not justify regular further development.

17. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I'm having registration issues with this build.... not been able to install it

1. Input the user name which you provided by ProSecurity,
    then input your license code. after this please click on the Next button.
    2. Select one way to complete the registration, and then click on the Next button.
    I. If I select "Please connect to server to complete the
    registration automatically.", the registration will be complete
    automaticallyl, and I get a registration success message.
    II. If I select "I want to complete the registration by manual.",
    please continue to complete the remain steps:
    3. Select the shown url from a browser such as the Internet
    Explorer(IE.) or Firefox.
    4. Copy the verify code into the inputting box, and then click on the Next
    button. I get a registration success message.

And then I get a message saying the trial has expired ... PS shuts down.

I waiting for support to tell me how to fix this ....

18. R8y

R8y Registered Member

I got the same problem, but after I register and rebooted PC, my PS 1.4 is registed sucessfully.

19. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Exactly enter all the registration information and after you click close or whatever it was, then immediately reboot, and you will be all set.

20. R8y

R8y Registered Member

There will be a 1.41 minor upgrade release in few days time.

21. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

In version 1.30 and 1.40 beta under file protection there were some default entries on install for ... sys, root, desktop.ini etc

With this version I don't appear to have any pre config folders/files and the ones that I have configured in version 1.30 have now disappeared.

Have others noticed this or not ?

22. Rasheed187

Just a little correction:

My response on this was:

Forget to add the part about having to install it sandboxed (via Sandboxie), PS won´t work of course, but al least you will have access to the helpfile, with screenshots.

Sorry for the OT and Merry Christmas! :D

23. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks for the tip!!! :thumb: Merry Christmas!!!

24. Rasheed187

Btw, I don´t know about you guys, but I´m having serious GUI problems with the new version, it´s not displayed correctly, I wonder if this is a problem related to VM´s?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.