ProSecurity 1.30 now with major new features

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kenjin, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi TECHWG,
    Sorry for delay in my reply to your post/question.

I do have a slight problem with this impliment, as to the rules created from popup for folder access, but I will need to reset my rules, so I can show from screenshots (of the popups/ rules created) to explain this correctly/fully.
    I will re-set later (or in the morning (time available)), and give example.

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

After installing and scanning with Panda A+F 2007 (trial), I see that Panda is creating those .tmp files when it scans the contents of ProSecurity's directory and subdirectories. The .tmp files are probably the result of a collision between Panda's attempted scan and the method by which ProSecurity protects its own program files and directories. Most of ProSecurity's directories are write-protected and most of its files are protected from deletion. Try deleting one of the snapshot (.ss) files and you will also get an "Access is denied" error.

Nick

3. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Although I'm sorry GG had such issues, it's reassuring that PS was gracious enough to offer a refund w/o hassle.
    It says something for their character/ethics, at least.

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Now this I can understand, many AV`s produce temp files, and not all are removed (but still protected)

5. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Interesting, nick s.
    Can Panda A+F exclude from scans file locations, or just file extensions?
    Deleting (.ss) files requires Safe Mode.
    Subsequently (mirroring Stem's comment) unchecking "Make Screenshots" will prevent add'l .ss file creation.

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I saw no mechanism in Panda for excluding directories and its file exclusion filter is rather primitive. You cannot add the .ss extension and then flag it for exclusion.

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I was just putting together a post about the folder/file protection. But when I went to check the folder/file rules created from the popups I was given alert from PS:

01.jpg

Selecting OK then gave:

02.jpg

The alerts repeated a number of times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.