ProSecurity 1.30 now with major new features

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kenjin, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCh

MCh Registered Member

I'm surprised you said PS is not as stable as SSM

2. mitchelson

mitchelson Registered Member

In fact, as prosecurity is developed by chinese , I also have used it for a long time, but now give it up and wait to see. :D
    It seems good, but really not very stable. Sometimes, It will break down, and cannot protect pc from some chinese virus,such as some kind of"worm.vikings"
    I have used the commercial vertion of SSM, It works on very low level in the system , seems" stable".

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Nothing against Pro Security but SSM is been on their program like their life depends on it. An incredible amount of interest is been put into SSM from it;s developers and there's your reason why they are continuing to work feversishly to stay ahead of all others, and frankly that effort has paid off in great benefits for both sides of the equation in this filed of study.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  4. mitchelson

mitchelson Registered Member

I got it.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

This new version of PS doesn't seem to like windows 2003, even installing it on a clean windows installation doesn't help. Keep getting a can't communicate with kernel error :(

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have checked it out and I know that it´s quite powerful, but overall I don´t really like it, mainly because of the GUI. At the moment I prefer SSM Pro.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I tried prosecurity free a couple of months ago and it lasted on my machine barely an hour. Downloaded it without a problem but as soon as it opened, BSOD. I rebooted, and all went well until ps opened and BSOD. No warning, no pop up, nothing. So, I removed it and I'm hesitant to try it again. I'm with SSM 2.3 now. Things are running smooth.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, chuck57: I experienced the same w/ v.1.26. As far as this new one v.1.30, so far so good. You can try it again. SSM free is a good app, but I thought PS free is much easier to manage without making your head spinning.:p

9. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

SSM does make your head spin. I loaded SSM a couple of weeks ago, rebooted twice and opened every single thing I use regularly in learning mode, and then turned off learning mode, made sure all rules were enabled in the Rules and the Modules tab. And that's as far as I've been able to go. I'm assuming that's enough but I really don't know. The help section is pretty good, but might as well be in the Martian language as far as I'm concerned.

I never got to see prosecurity in action. I might give it another try and hope for the best. I'll see if I can find a comparison between SSM free and ps free and see if protection is about equal.

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm also sorry to say Pro Security is given my system that dreaded BSOD times before. I really wanted to try it out but always been hit with a BSOD I quickly dismiss any program that creates that kind of disruption to my units.

That is been the only problem i seen persisitent with Pro Security and once they resolve that issue i'm sure many won't hesitate in using it.

11. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

All BSOD bugs were fixed in this version.:) If you still get any BSOD, please let me know.

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

PSDeveloper i don't doubt for a moment all your honest and sincere efforts spent developing PS and especially the tremendous time you must have invested in this and for that i know we are all very grateful.

I suppose most as myself look at a BSOD as the ultimate kill-joy of anything we have had high expectations on. All the best to you and success for a confident production with PS.

I do carry one question i like answered. Unlike some i have no reservations of heaping HIPS together like SSM, ST, and even SAS though not a HIPS per say, all together.

In your opinion would you have any doubts if a user were to install PS alongside SSM? Or is something like that better left not trying just yet?

13. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello,
    I did have some problems on my setup with W2K/CHX + PS 1.26 (these continue with SSM). I did not have time to check the problem or post about this, but this problem does appear to be resolved with this latest version of PS(1.30), but will keep posted.

I like the inclusion of file/directory protection, I will have time tomorrow to check this out.

:thumb:

14. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

You can do this for testing, but it's not recommended to use so many HIPS softwares in normal case. This takes more warning boxes at least.:)
    Actually PS is compatibled with other HIPS softwares, so if you found any compatibility problem, please let me know. Thanks!
    The only small compatibility problem of PS is its screenshot function doesn't work with some HIPS softwares.

15. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

stem, what did you find , anything ? I can not fault the file/folder protection

16. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

i get it. you are "keeping them at bay" whilst chasing them down....fascinating...o_O

all kidding aside Easter, would it not be more effective in testing your security apps, if you had snapshots of each, and tested them individually on their own merits? in any case, it's your computer, enjoy it as you see fit.

Mike

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

18. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Why did you post a picture from some dutch pctech site?

19. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It's not a Dutch site but Danmark

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

:) thanks, im wondering why he posted it ?!?!

21. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

i suspect that response may be directed at me. :cool:

Mike

22. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Although I bought a licence for this software on March 8, 2007, I have uninstalled the program today and reluctantly gone back to the paid for version of Process Guard.

The reason for this was because .tmp files of 0KB, which could not be deleted, were fillling the snapshot subfolder and today were markedly slowing down a scan on my PC with Panda AntiVirus A + F 2007. A scan of my PC with Panda, started before lunch, was still wading through the snapshot subfolder when I got back.

Requests for support brought the suggestion of deleting the .tmp files whilst in Safe Mode. This appeared to work at first, but the hundreds of .tmp files returned. It was also suggested to set up a rule which would flag the source of these .tmp files, but this did not even flag the arrival of a single .tmp file.

Am I alone in having this difficulty? I have asked ProSecurity for a refund plus the VAT charged.

23. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

.tmp files in your Prosecurity/Snapshot folder?
    The only files in my Snapshot folder are .ss (screensaver bitmap) files.

24. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Yes I had .ss files too in addition to the myriad .tmp ones. ProSecurity suggested unchecking screenshot, but also offered a refund if I did not want to do this.

Having spent about 2½ hours on this today, I have accepted the offer of a refund having totally removed their software which itself was problematical.

I shall now reply on Panda A+F 2007, AVG AntiSpyware 7.5 and the last issued paid-for Process Guard - now reinstalled.

25. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have not seen, but admit I had not looked for, temp files created by PS. I have made a search on the PC with PS installed, but no such temp files on the HD. Its a pitty you have now removed PS, as it would of been interesting to find the reason for this.
    Tracing/finding what process was bound to the temp files, could of been checked using a program (as one example) such as "File and Folder unlocker", which would of shown what process to what file, so we would of known what was creating/protecting these temp files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.