Proper exclusions for XPe FBWF

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I have Nod32 4.2 running on XPe (Windows Embedded Standard, which is XP SP3.) I have the FBWF write filter enabled so these Wyse thin clients revert to their original settings at reboot.

I have excluded the C:\program files\eset\eset nod32 antivirus folder from FBWF as well as the ALL USERS Eset folder. However this is not enough

What are the proper exclusions for FBWF and Nod32? Or is there some extra step I need to do to make this work?

Per this I have exceed minimum requirements for running on Embedded.
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN37

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Since you don't specify the exact issue you're having, I'd suggest taking a look at this KB article, see if that helps you. Otherwise, please provide additional details about your problem.

Thank you.

3. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

My RAM drive is already set to 100MB.

I solved this myself. To get Nod32 4.2 to update on a thin client with the FBWF filter enabled, one must run the following commands;

C:\Windows\System32\Fbwfmgr.exe /enable

C:\Windows\System32\Fbwfmgr.exe /addexclusion C: "\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus"

C:\Windows\System32\Fbwfmgr.exe /addexclusion C: "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus"

And then REBOOT the device. The order is important. After the reboot, open the Nod32 GUI and go into advanced update options. Clear the update cache.

Now my Wyse XPe thin clients with Nod32 are updating their antivirus pattern files!!!

-- I should mention that the first 3 days after committing the image, Nod32 was updating fine. Then after 3 days it would quit updating prior to this change. This is mentioned in case someone else has these problems and Googles this post.

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi,

Glad you sorted it out. Thank you for your feedback! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.