Promise drivers for boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MachineGun, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MachineGun

MachineGun Registered Member

Hi
    I have a shortage of Sata inputs, so I have my external drive hooked to the Promise inputs on the motherboard.
    I have the drivers for the Promise controler installed for Vista, but my problem is if I boot from the boot disk, the Promise drivers do not get loaded.
    How can I add the Promise drivers to my boot disk?
    Thanks
    MachineGun

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You can't.

You can email Acronis tech support and see if they can send you a special boot disk with the Promise drivers.

You can create a VistaPE or BartPE boot disk with the Promise drivers.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MachineGun,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, could you please describe the problem with more details? Are there any error messages? Please also clarify, what version of Acronis True Image are you using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.