Proliant DL360 Backup issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by U.Noetzel, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U.Noetzel

U.Noetzel Registered Member

Hello all and thanks everyone for the very helpful forum.
    Now to my issue:
    We have 2 HP Proliant DL360 with Smartarray 5i Controller.
    The first one is used as Citrix application server and has windows 2003 server installed. There are only 2 HP ultra 320 36.4 GB disks put togehter as raid 1 volume.
    The whole volume has only 1 partition formated as NTFS.
    I can make with TI8 or TI9 boot disk images without any problems.
    The second one is different. It has the SAME hardware only in this case the disks are 2 HP ultra 320 72.8 GB disks put togehter as raid 1 volume. We use it as firewall and installed Checkpoint NG AI also we put in 2 additional double network interface cards. (Intel PRO 1000/100/10Mbit).
    Here the partitions:
    --snip
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 on / type ext3 (rw)
    none on /proc type proc (rw)
    usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
    none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p6 on /opt type ext3 (rw)
    none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p5 on /sysimg type ext3 (rw)
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p7 on /var type ext3 (rw)
    --snip
    If we try to make an image with TI8 boot disk the screen remains black.
    We tried also TI9 boot disk. The front menu pops up and we select the "normal" mode, the screen remains black. If the use the "secure" mode TI9 starts up and shows us the partitions. BUT now I can't connect any networkshares. (on the local drives I haven't enought space). I removed the 2 networks cards. Without luck. There are 2 internals NIC BCM 5703. Maybe this is the problem, but I can't remove them. It is weird, because after removing the 2 additional Intel PRO cards the hardware setup is the same as for the first server (Citrix). Where is the problem? EXT3?

TIA
    Uwe

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello U.Noetzel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread.

Please let me know if you cannot boot by removing the "quiet" word.

Thank you.
    -
    Irina Shirokova

3. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

If you have problems running the Linux boot disk, you might be more succesfull in creating a BART PE cd and put the proper drivers onto it for your network.

I think you need to have Enterprise Server or Corporate Worksation to get the BART PE plugin.

I have had to use it once on a touchscreen that would go to a black screen using the Linux boot disk.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jumping,

Please note that Acronis True Image Enterprise Server and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation have the plug-in for BartPE in the installation package. To get it you should use "Custom" type of installation and choose the plug-in to be installed.

Also you can download Acronis True Image (homecomputing version) plug-in for BartPE from our web-site.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.