Project 1 / Runtime Error 9 on Start-Up, please help.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Jake Carter, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Carter

Jake Carter Registered Member

Hello around!

Past 2 days I've been having this weird error when my windows loads and every time I restart my PC.

The error is ''Runtime Error 9: Subscript Out Of Range'' and Project1 is written on the top left of the error box.

I checked my startup list in msconfig but didn't see anything suspicious there.

Can someone please give me any hints on how can I get rid of this annoying thing.

Thank you in advance.

Jake

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. Jake Carter

Jake Carter Registered Member

I scanned my system with Malwarebytes like you suggested but it found just a few Adwares connected to IE. I fixed them and I still get this error.

I've read around the internet that Project1 can be a virus if it is running after windows is loaded and you can see it in Processes after pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL but I don't have it there.

Maybe that Project1 is connected to some kind of program that is loading upon startup because like I said I don't see anything suspicious..

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Jake, try both AutoRuns and Process Explorer to see if Project1 appears there. Both programs run without installation once unzipped.

BTW, do try SUPERAntiSpyware as well, because sometimes what one program (like MBAM) does not find, the other one will.

5. semas11122

semas11122 Registered Member

Hi, i had same problem i found one file in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\OMFG_LESBIAN_DONGS (ms-dos file) i removed it ant it helped for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.