Programm update from 4.0.467.0 to 4.0.474.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nasenmann, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasenmann

Nasenmann Registered Member

Hi,

just a quick question:
    474 was released a few days ago, my client is still .467.
    Isn't it normal to get a window like "new version available - want to download?" or something like that?
    Or do I have to update it manually with the 474-Installer?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you haven't experienced any problems with your build, you don't necessarily need to install a newer build that addresses certain issues that have been discovered since the release of the previous version.

If you decide to upgrade to the latest build, download the appopriate msi installation file from the download page using your username and password and install it.

3. Nasenmann

Nasenmann Registered Member

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

One question: why there's an option in the "server options" to download and mirror the "PCUs". What's the difference between PCU an a full build-version with installer?

"If you haven't experienced any problems with your build, you don't necessarily need to install a newer build that addresses certain issues that have been discovered since the release of the previous version."

-I've got 50 clients. All with performance issues since uprgrading from 2.7 to version 4. I've tried all different solutions I've found here in the forum - with them it gets a little bit better, but it's far away from perfect.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A program component update (PCU) is released after the product has been available for download for a reasonably long time. Note that unlike other software, antivirus programs are hooked deeply into the system and thus issues may occur in combination with various programs, drivers, service packs, updates, etc.

Stand-alone installers with newer builds are intended for those who have experienced certain issues addressed in newer builds.

5. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

I go ahead, and update my clients when a new build comes out especially the 4.0 clients.. It does not take that long if you are on site..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.