Program To Block/encypt IP Address.

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by AnthonyG, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

I was wondering is there by any chance a program which will completely and securily block or encrypt your IP address and other information. So websites, P2P or even forums you go to cant see what it is.

I know you can use a proxy to mask yourself but i was hoping for a blocking method than messing around with proxies. As i have been told for sites where you enter payment details or secure passwords (i.e Paypal) the proxy issuer can view your details you enter. Which totally negates the use of using the proxy in the first place.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. dog

dog Guest

I'm not sure what you mean ...
    A secure transaction is encrypted.

To mask your IP address ... you need to use something like tor or jap.

There are Torrent Clients that both can encrypt the data and use something like the tor network for anonymity ... Azureus being one of them.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

I think Zone Alarm Pro may have what you are looking for.

You can add trusted sites that can access the info.

ZAP.jpg

4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, Sorry for not explaining it better.

What i am meaning is a way to protect your identity from theft, spyware etc.

As frequently when browsing the net usually flash popups on websites come up. Or i have even saw them on some peoples signitures on forums.

Saying you are, then your IP. You are using this browser, this operating system. Your ISP is this. And so forth.

Then they either say you have won a prize, or they try to sell you some security software under the guise of stopping anywhere else from getting this information.

But even if it is allegedly to sell security apps, just the fact that it is inside jave popups on usually less than reputable websites concerns me. As it is likely this information is being stored somewhere and like i say it is usually less than reputable websites that use popups in the first place. So the idea of my info being stored like this is concerning me.

So i was hoping to block all this information when browsing the net. So this doesnt work. And if i go to a website with this sort of popup it will not beable to recognise this information about me.

Thanks
    Anthony

5. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Tor would work for you, but it won't encrypt p2p. But I have to say this, who cares if someone knows your IP address? As long as your pc is protected, they can't really do anything. Also, who cares about the browser? If you have properly configured your browser you shouldn't have to worry about any exploits, same goes with your OS.

Security is achieved through careful implementation of safe hex, proper configuration, and security applications, NOT anonymity.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

6. dog

dog Guest

Well for popups in general either use a web filter (Proxomitron, Privoxy, Web Washer Classic), a dedicated popup blocker or a firewall with that builtin ability. You can also disable Javascript and Java ... enabling them when required ... or using Firefox with the No Script extension (whitelisting the sites you wish) also throw in the adblock plus & Filterset.G extensions too. I would suggest you try Proxomitron with the Grypen Filter set

You can test your blocking success with these test on kephyr

All PCs on the net use the Internet Protocol to speak to each other the 2-way communication at the protocol level requires that both parties know the IP address of the other. ... the only thing you can do if you're concerned is to mask your IP with something like tor or jap ... or a commercial product. Seeing your IP address in one of those popups isn't a big concern ... you're the only one that can see it ... it's its interaction with you that's revealing your IP. You can check your IP address at many sites ... (whatsmyip ... etc.).

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.