program not updating correctly

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by domenicfz, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domenicfz

domenicfz Registered Member

I have laptops in the field and I am trying to figure out how to have them update. I need them to update from the mirror server in the office and from ESET out in the field WITHOUT the user doing anything. Is this possible? I have created two profiles in the xml file to be pushed but this does not work. I have got it to work by changing a task in the scheduler/planner on the client machine but again, I do NOT want the users doing anything.

I have also went into the xml and created a scheduled task in their and it pushed it down but does not work.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi domenicfz,

You have to create a secondary profile for those clients.

This kb article explains.

BFG

3. domenicfz

I have followed those instructions and still cannot get it to work. The spot where you create the schedule and you can select the profiles you want to use, the profiles I create are not showing up.

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

It does not matter, as quoted from the article:

"On networks with mobile users, ESET security products can be configured to use dual update profiles. This allows the software to first attempt to update from the local LAN Update Server (Mirror); if the user is out of the office and unable to receive updates from the Mirror, the software will automatically attempt to update through the Internet, directly from the ESET update servers."

If the update task fails to update from profile1 it will use profile2 to update.

Or do you mean it does not work as designed?

5. domenicfz

I am unable to get it to work following the directions in the article. I have gone back to scratch and started over several times. The client PC does first go to the mirror and when it cannot see the mirror it just errors out that it cannot find the server.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When you edit the update task, do you see the primary and secondary profile selected? Does right-clicking the update task and selecting Run now ends up with an error?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.