Program Location Changes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by joedope, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joedope

joedope Registered Member

Hi all,

I have a program that I use quite often and part of it's function is to retrieve information from the internet, however the program is initiated by another program and each time it is initiated it creates a new folder and this is where the program then runs from.

I have added the prog.exe to the allowed list but this requires the full location of the file and that changes each time the program is run.

e.g. Prog 1 runs then creates a new folder 'folder001' as a sub folder for the main program and then prog.exe is run from this folder.

So is there a way I can allow prog.exe to run from any folder without knowing the name of the new folder that's created?

Thanks

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately the program only supports static paths for exclusions. The situation you are describing are similar to what some threats out there would do.

3. joedope

joedope Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, guess it makes sense and in 15 years of using PC's this is the first program that I've seen do this apart from as you point out, malicious apps.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.