Program Crash, I can't Scan at all

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by StriderJaju, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StriderJaju

StriderJaju Registered Member

Hi, I downloaded the last trial version of NOD32, and after installing it succesfully, I tried using the In-depth Scan but it crashed.
    NOD32 still runs and all, but the scan crashes before even giving me any kind of option.
    Running Nod32, normal scan, indepth scan. All kinds of scan just crash before even starting. As I read in other threads I tried using the right click option of the mouse, and scan single folders via explorer, but It crashes just like the other times.
    Someone told me Nod32 won't run if I have a virus already on my PC, but I did an online scan with Panda and I had 0 Viruses. I cleaned the pc out of spywares too with spybot.
    I need help with this because I have Nod32 running and all, but I can't know if I have a virus running in the shadows since I cant perform any kind of scans with it.
    By the way Im running Windows XP on a P4 2.8 Ghz 512Mb Ram 40+ Gbs of free Hd space, so Im guessing it's not system stats.

Edit.
    I forgot to mention that I just assembled this pc about 3 weeks ago, Its the first Antivirus I tried and I haven't installed any other AVs. Oh, and the crash problem happened the first time I installed it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

follow these steps to uninstall and then reinstall nod32:
    the other possibility is a conflict with another AV, do u have any antivirus currently or did u have any antivirus in the past?

3. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Does this occur while in safe mode as well?

4. StriderJaju

StriderJaju Registered Member

Yes. The problem still happens in Safe mode.
    I've tried nearly everything so this program runs, but it will still crash while attempting a scan.
    I don't know what can I do to make this antivirus, that everyone says is so good. I really wanted to have it in my pc.
    The strange thing is that all the other programs that I have installed run without any problems, just NOD32.
    Could this be a virus? Even when I have the pc fresh installed not so long ago?

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If you've tried what WSFuser posted for you above and what Lollan suggested then it seems pretty likely that an already active virus could be the culprit. If you were on the internet with no AV then seconds is too long. I think some of the smitfraud variants were known for this, and some others.

I would be checking it here by slaving your HDD off a known clean and up to date PC and scanning with NOD32 that way. If that's an option for you then you may wish to try it, otherwise I would consider a clean re-install and install NOD32 first before anything else at all (personally I install NOD32 as soon as windows setup is complete and then worry about drivers and service packs) but don't hurry because I'll be surprised if these two suggestions are the last two you get from here.

Cheers :)

6. shahard333

shahard333 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.