Profiles

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by drumdude, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drumdude

drumdude Registered Member

What files/folders do you recommend I to add to a scheduled scan profile?

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

That's a matter of personal choice. However, you may wish to do regular scans that exclude your personal documents folder; particularly if you have accumulated a large number of files which could slow down scan times and are unlikely to contain infected items.

In that case you could select all folders on your C Drive, except for 'Documents & Settings', this latter you would expand and again include all folders except for 'My Documents'. This latter you could also expand if you wished to include something like 'Received Files'.

Basically you would include everything except those folders that would just be wasting scan time - 'My Pictures' would be an example, if you have a large number of files permanently stored there. You could always do occasional full system scans, but for regular scans you may wish to exclude such items.

Folders containing System Files should normally be included in scans though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.