procguard.exe will not run

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by MikeyBikey, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyBikey

MikeyBikey Registered Member

Something has *broken* PG, I'm not sure what. When I started up last night the PG icon was missing from the system tray and only pgaccount.exe and DCSUserprot.exe were running. I tried to run PG manually only to get this error message:

sshot-1.jpg

I've done a system restore but the problem remains. I have uninstalled\reinstalled PG 3 times now but the problem remains. I'm running as admin but its as if PG is only recognising a user account. I've searched the threads and the only possibly relevant solution is suggested in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144200&highlight=procguard.exe
    Would this work? I'm tearing my hair out over this. I really could use some help.

2. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

3. MikeyBikey

MikeyBikey Registered Member

Thanks for the link Jarmo P. Avast! is definitely detecting FP's in regard of PG: During the first reinstallation of PG I inadvertently forgot to shut down Avast! RT scanning: It detected trojan Hupigon-KM in the PG installer. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.