Processor problem please help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I while back due to some problems i was having PC world came and replaced my motherboard and Processor with a brand new one. They have a policy to always replace with exactly the same type as the one before.

However a while later i noticed my processor in my machine is only being registered as a Athlon 1500+. It should infact be a 2200+.

I asked on a computer forum and the person who replied said that the 1500 are similar to the 2200 and i just need to change something in the bios to have my computer recognise it as a 2200 again.

What is this i need to change and how do i find it in the bios as i have hunted through it and cant find anything like they suggest. So where abouts in the bios is this setting to correct my motherboard/processor located.

Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

When I had my computer built using a Gigabyte motherboard, you had to move a jumper or slide a switch to get the correct processor speed to display. It has been a while though, so look at the instructions for the motherboard if possible.
    I am using an AMD processor.
    You may be able to find instructions online for your particular motherboard.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hmm.....Been a while since I read about Athlon XPs.

If possible, please download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and report the details given by that program here. :)

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

Had a similar issue when I upgraded to a Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8GHz) from a 1.2Ghz chip.

On my system I went into bios > Frequency Voltage Control and changed the CPU FSB Clock from 100 Mhz (default setting) to 133Mhz.

Like ronjor says check your motherboard manual as you may require slightly different settings to mine.

5. AnthonyG

Sorry for this late reply, did not see the last reply before now. but please can someone instruct me on how exactly do i change the CPU FSB Clock from 100 Mhz to 133Mhz in the bios.

Which section of the bios do i choose to make this clock change and what do i need to change.

I would really appreciate any help on this as my machine is seemingly now being recognised as only a 1500 and the speed decrease from 2200 is considerable.

Thank You
    Anthony

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Do you know which motherboard you have? The options may differ according to the type of BIOS on the system (Award, AMI etc.)

7. AnthonyG

This is all my motherboard details just taken by everest.

Attached Files:

8. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.