"Processing" at program startup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TeleBack, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeleBack

TeleBack Registered Member

I am using the 15 day trial. Everytime I start the Acronis True Image Home 2009 software, the Splash screen is visible for about 3 minutes with the word, "Processing" in the lower left corner. then it analyses partitions, then I get the main screen. Is this normal? Is there some way to circumvent this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

TeleBack:

Not normal...

You could try disabling the Windows service Distributed Link Tracking Client. This has been known to cause long delays when starting TrueImage. Instructions are in this thread, post #10.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TeleBack,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Home 2009

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program 9788. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

Disable the Distributed Link Tracking Client service:

1. Click on the START button and type "services".
    2. Click on "services" from the menu.
    3. Click "Continue" when the UAC prompt appears .
    4. In the list of services shown, find "Distributed Link Tracking Client" and double-click on it.
    5. Click the "STOP" button to stop the service.
    6. From the drop-down list choose "Disabled".
    7. Click "OK" and close the list of Services.

Windows XP:

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services -> , find "Distributed Link Tracking Client" and double-click on it
    Click the "STOP" button to stop the service
    Then right-click it choose properties and set startup type to Disabled.

Check disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

In some cases Acronis drivers may interfere with drivers of other software installed on your computer. E.g. Antivirus programs can seriously influence Acronis software from proper functionality. To overcome this issue you should download and install the latest builds of Antivirus software or temporarily disable it.

If nothing helps contact Acronis support and ask them provide you the latest SnapAPI drivers for Acronis True image program you have. The SnapAPI module is in charge of all I/O operations on the hard disk of Acronis software working in Windows.

You can contact Acronis support via Live Chat

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. Dilo

Dilo Registered Member

OK. So a stinking half an hour wasted just trying to get support after, what it seems is, wasting my money upgrading to software which just crashes. The process of getting support on here couldn't be worse if it ws organised by someone who deliberately tried to annoy customers.

I have just upgraded to TrueImage Home 2009 and when I select Backup -> My Data -> (tick) Drive D: and click next TrueImage just sits there "Processing" for ever.

Drive D is a software RAID0 drive, system is up to date Vista Business. I needed an answer for this half a day ago. It is stopping me completed a job and at the moment I am one step away from outlining my experience on Whirlpool and never buying Acronis software again.

NEVER MIND: I finally stumbled through the brick walls in the support section and received online help. Turns out the TrueImage Home versions don't support Dynamic disks and I have to buy the Workstation version instead. Seeing as how I've backed up this drive using the previous version of TrueImage many times I don't understand why it doesn't work all of a sudden.

After wasting $29 on a product which doesn't work on a feature of Vista available for any computer (not just servers) I don't know if I want to blow another $99!!!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dilo,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The positive side is that you have found the reason of the program malfunction.

If you purchased the upgrade license on our web site, you can request a refund. To create an e-mail request or contact Live chat service go to this page, under Contact us click on the Start here button and follow the step-by-step guide.

You can purchase the Upgrade to the local version of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation, the price is $49.74.

But first of all, I may recommend you to install a trial version in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

If you would like to purchase the upgrade to local version of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation, please visit the Acronis online store

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.