Processguard run command removed by AdAware Beta

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jan J, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan J

Jan J Registered Member

Processguard, and two other programs were removed from auto-run status by a beta from Ad-Aware. I've reported it to Lavasoft.

The other two programs that were also hit: NoAds, and Weatherpulse were manually loaded and in their config areas reset to load on start, which they have both done successfully.

Processguard (as far as I've seen) does not have a config page where I can tell it to load on Windows start... as the above two programs have..... So I'm presently manually loading it after bootup...

What is the suggestion, to disable protection, un-install, then re-install again?

ORo_Oo_O

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Jan.

This reg file will add the entries back for you,just rename to PG AutoStart.reg,right-click on it,and select 'merge'.

Attached Files:

3. Jan J

Jan J Registered Member

Thanks, but didn't work.... Error message Not all data was successfully written into registry. Some keys are open by system or other processes.

o_O

4. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Jan.

The reg file i gave you was for procguard.exe and pgaccount.exe. I've tried it myself and got the same error msg,i had to disable PG for the reg file to work.

So it sounds like part of PG is running,try using Taskmanager to find out which part is running,and then try and kill it. PG has three executables:- procguard.exe,pgaccount.exe and dcsuserprot.exe.

If you can't kill the process,you'll need to boot into 'safe mode' and run the file that way. To boot into 'safe mode' restart your pc,when System Summary page appears (the a black screen with info about your pc,eg bios make+version,hard drive,memory etc),start tapping 'F8',you'll then get a choice of startup 'modes',choose 'safe mode without cmd prompt'. You'll get a few pop-ups about you booting into safe mode,just click yes/ok (i can't remember exactly what the pop-ups say). When windows has loaded,just navigate to the reg file and 'merge' to the registry,then reboot.

Let us know how you get on.

5. Jan J

Jan J Registered Member

I missed dcsuerprot.exe (Safe)

Stopped PG, un-installed, re-installed. Fine now!
    (Actually I did it last night, and today it installed fine on power up...)

If the next beta from Lavasoft does it again, I'll have more things to try....

Thanks for the suggestions....

6. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Glad you got it up and running. :thumb:

7. Jan J

Jan J Registered Member

Lavasoft came out with new beta.... No problems this time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.