ProcessGuard Freezes MY System

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by GuyTe, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyTe

GuyTe Guest

ProcessGuard freezes when I try to click on and run a program not in the
    Protection or Security Lists. The Pgaccount.exe GUI does not come up my
    system just freezes.

The only way I can click directly on or click a shortcut and run a program
    not in the lists is to run ProcessGuard in Learning Mode.

I am running Windows 2000 pro and I tried reinstalling service pack 4 and it
    is still freezing.

The Pgaccount.exe GUI does come up when a program like IExplorer or Winproxy are trying to run a program in their normal operation. Then the gui comes up and I can Permit of Deny the execution of the program.

When in Learning Mode will a program that I do not click on, but that starts
    to run from another program launching it like WInprocy etc., execute without
    the GUI coming up and warning me to Permit of Deny?

Also in Learning Mode will a new program executing be able to modify
    Protected programs and freely launch programs itself?

I read that I could turn off pgaccount.exe from starting up. I really do not
    want to have to do that because I want the popup warning of what is
    executing, but if I did turn it off tell me, step by step, how would I do
    this?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

PG account does not have a GUI it is the user account interface program which runs in the backround. ProcGuard.exe is the GUI

Make sure that you have not ticked "Block new and changed applications" in the Main GUI

When in learning mode all programs will be given the necessary allows. For the best resultsMake sure that your PC is clean of malware before installing PG

I am not sure what you are trying to say here, pgaccount.exe runs in each user account in the backround only Admin accounts can make any changes within ProcessGuard. What I think you are trying to say is that when in a user account how can you access the PG gui - The only way to do this is by using the Windows "Run as" command where you will need to run as an administrator.

HTH Pilli :)

3. tlu

tlu Guest

As a more convenient alternative you could also start the GUI using Runasspc from http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for that tlu :)

5. tlu

tlu Guest

You're welcome, Pilli. Runaspc is a very useful tool if you want to start specific programs with admin rights not only sporadically.

6. GuyTe

GuyTe Guest

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I got it working. See my "Got it working" post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.