ProcessGuard free to protect my anti-virus?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by sweater, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just very curious bout this thing. Someone on the other posts says that a malware can easily disables or "eaten away" a non-kernel level anti-virus program, and he added that there is only one anti-virus program nowadays that he knows of that runs on a kernel level. :(

I am worried bout this, that if this possibilities could ever happens then pc becomes helpless especially if it's not equipped w some other reliable programs in protecting it. :mad:

What's your comment and reactions on this? o_O

I use the latest ProcessGuard free version... is this really good enough to protect my anti-virus program that do not run in kernel level from being "eaten away" by some advanced malwares out there? o_O

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_37.gif

[bounce] Happy New Year to all of You!!![/bounce]

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Antivirus programs DO need to run at the kernel level, and I'm sure yours does even if it is free. If you are unsure, you can tell us what you use.

PG free will block a lot of things, but a file infector which gets into kernel mode will cause serious problems.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am using the Avast! Home Edition Antivirus. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

OK I know a lot of its protection is implemented in interactive services, so it could be more susceptible to attack. I suggest seeing the "other AV forum" where others can help more :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.