ProcessGuard and TDS-3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by CatThief, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatThief

CatThief Registered Member

I am using both TDS-3 and ProcessGuard. I have been using TDS-3 for over a year, but just installed ProcessGuard (both are licensed, full versions). I have Execution Protection enabled in both programs and both programs are set to run when I boot up. BUT, I'm seeing what appears to be the two programs competing with each other and have to hit the reset button on the computer at least 2 to 3 times until I am able to get a start that is successful.

My question is, should I disable Execution Protection in one of these programs, and if so which one?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi CatThief, TDS3's execution protection should not effect ProcessGuard.
    Please but PG into learning mode and run you security programs and Internet enabled programs with the four general tabs enabled and then reboot.
    If all is well, disable learning mode and reboot again to make sure everything is running correctly.

HTH Pilli.

3. CatThief

Thanks, Pilli, but I already did that. ProcessGuard is still in learning mode yet I can't seem to get a clean boot unless I disable Execution Protection in TDS-3. (TDS starts but just hangs there forever.)

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK, I think it may be that you have TDS3 set to autostart when you boot up, please set this to manual and the problem should go away this is because of the startup scans and some programs get upset particularly in XP .
    TDS3 only requres the default settings in PG to work properly.

5. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

Saw similar problem mentioned in another thread concerning TDS autostart. The solution was to turn off 'run at windows startup' inside TDS-3, drag a copy of the TDS-3 icon into the Start/All Programs/Startup menu and run it from that location.

:D

6. CatThief

Thank you both Pilli and BourgePD. I unchecked "Run at Windows Startup" in TDS and placed it under XP's Startup group instead. When I rebooted everything was fine. It even booted without PG's "Learning Mode" checked. :)

7. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

You're most welcome. Take care and have fun. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.