Processes using more memory?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by thegreatoutlaw, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatoutlaw

thegreatoutlaw Registered Member

I've noticed a issue recently in my Processes, there starting to use more memory than usual. For example, Explorer using like 80+MB mem usage, and like 7 others using more memory than usual. Even if i run AIM6 or MSN they shoot to the top of the list using like 35-45MB mem usage. I did a scan with NOD, no viruses, did a scan with spybot, no spyware, i even have windows defender running too. Any suggestions?

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

3. thegreatoutlaw

Okay will do, I'll download and install it now. I'll let you know asap with any information.

4. thegreatoutlaw

Nice program. What should I be looking for in it?

5. NICK ADSL UK

Anything unto wards or anything your not sure off the standard windows processor's can be ignored unless they are falling outside of there normal operating range at start up

6. thegreatoutlaw

Well all the processes running are the ones that should be. I got those pretty much memorized. I just noticed yesterday that half my processes were using much higher mem usage than normal. But today I can't seem to repeat the issue. I'm trying to cause the issue again by running programs but so far my Explorer.exe is just at 35mb.

7. NICK ADSL UK

Now the next thing to do is to make sure that you are up to date with all of the Microsoft updates and for the time being uninstall windows defender as this has been troublesome in the past with members across the forums including myself. Just keep a eye on things over the next few days and let me know how things are. If all goes well we can then look at putting back windows defender or an equivalent

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Badly written code of a software (or a beta one) can sometimes force your other open processes to use much more memory than it is needed. I had similar experiences. So, did you installed some beta lately perhaps?

9. thegreatoutlaw

Thats exactly what mine looked like. Only thing I installed lately... is PCTools Firewall Plus...Online Armor Free...Webroot Desktop Firewall...Sunbelt Personal Firewall...Comodo Personal Firewall 3. But there all uninstalled and im using LookNStop Firewall, i like it so far. I havent seen this issue repeat itself as of yet. Hopefully the problem was fixed after uninstalling those firewalls.

10. NICK ADSL UK

Well that explains your problem as you may only install one firewall / anti virus at any one time. Anyhow glad to see everything is now OK

regards :)

11. thegreatoutlaw

I agree, but I didn't actually have them all installed at the sametime, just one after another trying to find which one I like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.