Process Lasso update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

The issue about licenses described here just looks like a misunderstanding - it's not clear what went wrong. I've not had any problems with Process Lasso licensing and activation. Why speak badly of a developer based on one incident?

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I am still having activation issues with the new license key which was issued to me yesterday. Please see my above post #50 on the second page.

Best regards,

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

My comment was a response to berryracer, not you. That said I'm sorry to hear you're still having some difficulty. It looks like Jeremy is bending over backwards to help you though. Why not "work the problem" with him?

4. aladdin

I am working with him. And, I am bending backwards to help him with the activation problems. He is the one who didn't answer my emails at all.

Best regards,

5. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

aladdin, I am not sure what is up with your emails to be honest, or how they got missed. I later created some Gmail rules to make sure no support mail goes to the spam folder, etc.. but can't recall if that is the excuse or not. I believe I simply missed your mail from so long ago.

I don't have any pending mail here, afaik. If you still have issues activating with the new key, then of course ensure no application level firewall is blocking plActivate.exe, and if (by chance - I have to ask) you have ever had a crack installed, check your HOSTS file, as it may have been modified to block or redirect access to our domain(s).

The license revalidation was needed in part because I have been so liberal with licensing. This is the first time I've even mentioned expiration of update subscriptions, letting some people update much longer than they were entitled. That is my policy, to be liberal with licensing. However, this one time revalidation was necessary to 'clean the system' so to speak and get everyone in order. Those customers without Support Area accounts end up with them, and everyone ends up happy.

I will have to go find your email address, and see if I can find email from you, but there is certainly a way I can fix you up permanently. There is no possibility that allows for less. After coming you did indeed buy a license, as I'm sure you did, my licensing is so liberal that I will give you an offline activation key, if needed. It is not an issue. I publicly state that here because you insinuated private communication that wasn't occurring - either your email isn't getting here, or it is getting killed on arrival or en-route.

EDIT: One thing is certainly true - I could have done a bit better with the revalidation process. That said, I've only had one public complaint, so it really didn't go bad. I responded to a lot of Support email, *hopefully* didn't miss anyone (and if I did, I hope they'll ping me again). It overall went pretty smoothly.

EDIT2: And I can find no new emails from you.. I do see the ones I missed in 2011, very sorry for that. Maybe an 'off' week, I don't recall.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. aladdin

Dearest Jeremy,

I haven't sent you any email as we are discussing in this thread. I suggested to you that if you want to contact me privately in email then you are welcome to do so.

No, I have not installed any cracks. Neither I have blocked your site with firewall. Nor I have denied access to your site in the hosts file.

The Vibrant desktop has Process Lasso installed and activated. When I installed the latest update v6.0.0.76 the validation problem started again.

You must ask yourself what you have changed in your latest v6.0.0.76 update?

Have you changed the activation in the latest v6.0.0.76?

I sent you two emails in 2012, I believe one in January and another one in March. This is from my memory.

Basically, I bought the software in late 2010, used it for few months, and then started using it again last month. The reason I couldn't use it for this very long time, I couldn't activate it and could get in touch with you.

I started using it last months and with the latest update v6.0.0.76 the activation issue resurfaced again, even with the new key issued to me yesterday.

Best regards,

Mohamed

7. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

My mistake, I thought you meant you had tried to email again. Well, I can only apologize for your experience and say it is atypical, though that does nothing to help.

I did send an offline action code to you a little while ago. Using this code, you can forget any issues with activation. Now, it might change at some point in the future if it is found to be leaked or abused, but I'm sure it won't be.

There is no general problem with the activation because everyone else was able to activate ok. If there was a general failure I'd have a big issue on my hands ;p. Nothing was changed, just the simple revalidation request. Something that was a one click process for most.

Sorry if I sounded defensive, and if you now decide to use the software, that's great. If not, that's fine too. As always, it is your choice. I can only ask whether you'd rather deal with a one man show who might sometimes miss emails or a larger corporation that might totally ignore you (or not, maybe they do better).

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Im a long time user of process lasso and have the lifetime licence ,and recently have been experiencing a popup when rebooting (or shutting down and restrating PL) that asks for my licence to be revalidated.Upon pressing revalidate it says my licence has expired ,and do i want to get an old version.I click no and process lasso then starts as normal and about shows that im licenced.I then click update from the program and it shows that theres no update and that im using the current version (6.0.0.78 )
    Not sure why its doing that as ive never had any problems before but thought you ought to be aware of it.I havent reinstalled yet.

Attached Files:

10. aladdin

Dear Ellison,

I confirm that I had similar issue.

Best regards,

11. aladdin

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for the offline activation code. I haven't tried it yet as I have been very busy. As soon as I will try it, I will let you know.

Best regards,

12. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thanks for confirmation.I just visited bitsum forum and followed the instructions here...
    http://bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=1684.0

and that seems to have fixed it. :thumb:

13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

14. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I am getting tired of activations be it a broken one or a working one. Eventually, it will cause you issues. So I'm taking a stand...

Activation = I will not buy. I don't care how good your product is.

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

16. aladdin

Periodic updates are good for the program. It shows that the developer is working hard keeping the program up to date.

But, almost daily updates shows bad programing, that the developer makes too many mistakes while programming, so he/she is constantly coming up with updates.

However, these daily updates gives good exposure to the program and it is a good marketing ploy, but it is done at the expense of forcing the owners to apply these constant updates, which doesn't give much confidence either in the program or the developer.

Best regards,

17. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Actually I am the one giving the program exposure, because I believe it serves a useful function. Your opinion that the frequency of updates implies bad programming is not true in my experience. To date I've found the program to be stable, including the interim beta releases. No one is "forced" to apply the updates - update notification can be turned off. For those who wish to have the latest version Process Lasso can update automatically with no user interaction - either way the user is not burdened.

18. aladdin

You don't need to give exposure. Every time there is an update it is posted on almost all download sites which gives it exposure at the expense of the convenience to the current users.

If the updates are not required, then why is the program constantly updated on the average almost twice weekly? Are you saying these updates are fake and not required? Then what is the reason for these constant updates? Are the constant updates a marketing ploy for exposure?

My computers are frozen and it is not so easy to automatically apply these constant updates which in your opinion are fake and not required.

Best regards,

19. guest

guest Guest

The reasons for the updates can be read by anyone in the changelogs.

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I don't need to give exposure, but I choose to.

I didn't say the updates are not required. That is up to each user to decide. The reason for each update is documented in the changelog which I post a link to whenever I mention a new release.

Again I ask that you do not attribute to me what is apparently your own opinion - I did not say nor do I believe that the updates are fake or marketing ploys. My personal opinion is that the updates are desirable based on the changelogs. You are free to view the changelogs and decide for yourself whether an update is required.

21. aladdin

Based on the changelogs the almost twice weakly updates are desirable, which proves that there is something lacking in the programing and doesn't inspire confidence in the program itself.

WHY so many updates? What is wrong in the programing that requires constant updates?

Best regards,

22. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

What you are stating is just supposition on your behalf and does not necessarily mean what you are suggesting. I think that you are looking for issues where none exist.

Each developer develops in the way they want...some provide updates daily, some weekly, some monthly...and some NEVER (or very rarely).

I have also seen long periods when PL has not been updated, and then some time when it is updated more often

As I personally have been running PL for a good while and have NEVER had an issue with app, I do not believe what you are purporting is correct or even likely.

23. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Since you feel this way why do you continue to use the software?

24. aladdin

Because I have paid for it with my hard earned money. Money doesn't grow on trees. I wish it would!

This is my two cents to Jeremy, whether he wants to take it in a positive note or not, it is his choice. However, it is feedback from a paid customer.

Like I was not wrong about the activation issue, I am not wrong about the constant updates. Only Apple iPad and Apple iPhone Apps have this many constant updates.

Best regards,

25. aladdin

You signature says as such:

If it ain't broke keep fixing it until it is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.