Process Lasso : Extreme speed with automatic adjustment of windows memory

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PROROOTECT, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hello ,
    BEST of all : Process Lasso NEW FREE v3.04 ( only 1.4 Mo on H.D. ) , from Bitsum Technologies : www.bitsum.com
    Process Lasso is a great PROCESS PRIORITY OPTIMIZER .
    Process Lasso is a unique new technology intended to automatically adjust the allocation of CPU cycles so that system responsiveness is improved in high-load situations. It does this by temporarily lowering the priorities of processes that are consuming too many CPU cycles, there-by giving other processes a chance to run it they are is need. This process priority optimization is useful for both single and multi-core processors. No longer will a single process be able to bring your system to a virtual stall.

In addition, Process Lasso offers capabilities such as default process priorities and affinities, termination of disallowed processes, a system responsiveness graph, and logging of processes.

Once you install Process Lasso, it'll just start working. More advanced users can tweak the configuration, but you needn't touch anything to have it INSTANTLY IMPROVE your system responsiveness in high load situations.

BEST of all , Process Lasso does all this while consuming very few system resources. Written in native C++, Process Lasso is the tightest product on the market. It consumes fewer system resources than any competitor !!! For ABSOLUTE MINIMAL resource consumption, the core engine can even be run without the GUI at all. It is designed to be completely independent and capable of running as a stand-alone background process or service.

Process Lasso functions :
    # Dynamic priority optimization to improve system responsiveness
    # Default process priorities and affinities
    # Foreground boosting
    # Auto-termination
    # Process launch logging
    # Stand-alone core engine
    # System responsiveness calculation and graph
    # And SO MUCH MORE ... its FREE, give it a try

Thanks , PROROOTECT:cool:

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

My take on it: nothing is for free. Except possibly sunrise :)

So you think it handles Windows XP (I presume you refer to that OS) better than Windows XP itself ?

Maybe it has some advantadges, but what about the disadvantadges ? Windows XP is a mature OS, I wouldn't meddle with it if I did not know EXACTLY what I was doing !

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

More discussion about Process Lasso HERE and HERE. As always with this type of application, mixed reviews. Your mileage will vary.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

With dual cores the norm and quad cores getting common, do we lack the CPU power to need this kind of app? Its good for controlling rogue apps which hang system frequently.

5. ThunderZ

I played with it for a while on my P III 1 GHz, 512 MB of ram lap top and saw no real difference.

On my tower with an AMD dual-core 2.2 GHz and 4 Gig of ram I do not think I will even try it. Though I may change my mind. :cautious:

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I tried it before with high hopes twice and both times it lasted less then a week, i can't in good conscience see this latest version offering anything that a good heafty amount of RAM couldn't do better, but still thanks for the update notice.

EASTER

7. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

One thing Process Lasso does do that all the ram in the world won't do is automatically assign processor affinity to applications. For example, you can offload all the processing for your security applications to the 3rd and 4th cores on your quad core PC. Whenever those processes start again the future, Process Lasso will automatically reset the affinities like you had them the last time the program ran. Now I haven't done any scientific tests, but it seems to make things run faster if you are running a full system scan in the background if it the process is set like that.

C

8. ThunderZ

While in theory it makes scene. How ever it is a general rule of thumb to run scans alone. Meaning all unnecessary programs closed. While I know many whom run them while doing other tasks. Browsing, etc. The times that I do full scans with any sec. app. I start them when I am done with my daily stuff and am walking away from the PC at least for the amount of time the scan requires.

9. PROROOTECT

Hello everybody ,

Process Lasso : MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE !!!

Yes , it makes the REAL DIFFERENCE with its original settings . End of slow downs .
    It boosts the performance of Windows in low-load situations , not only in high-load situations .
    It clearly accelerated the launch and work of applications , surfing on the Internet .
    To boost the work of this miraculous software , I checked in the Options ( of Process Lasso ) : " FORCED MODE ( keep process defaults strictly enforced ) " - and now it's even greater difference !!! REAL DIFFERENCE ! This is REALLY avesome ! Here , one feels the EXTREME POWER of Program Lasso and my PC ! It was a BIG surprise :argh: for me ...

If you are going to try Forced Mode , you adopt Process Lasso immediately and for always , as I do from 1.5 years . I love Process Lasso .
    www.bitsum.com
    Go !
    I would appreciate any feedback after your download ...

Thanks , PROROOTECT:cool:

PS . My PC : Windows XP SP2 , Intel Core2 CPU 6300 , 1.86 GHz , 1.0 GB RAM , IE7 ...
    Process Lasso : He is like the turbo in your car ... a real gift ! Small and powerful ...
    And my Windows says : Oh , my BRAIN ! More fun than you can imagine ... Pathetic effort , Process Lasso ... YEAH !!!

10. PROROOTECT

Hi ,
    With Process Lasso : to optimize the available memory of any process , you can right click on this process - and click on " Trim process RAM ( force page out ) ". For example , to my iexplore.exe , has lowered memory of55 Mo to 8 Mo. And then the Windows available memory has increased accordingly ... REALLY - this is awesome !

PS. I apologize on a mistake in my previous message ... it was write : This is REALLY a w e s o m e !

Thanks , PROROOTECT

11. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

For example Photoshop,if it has to use the pagefile then things slow down,everything on tweaks is done to keep the whole thing in memory,but it is't possible because of memory limitations(restricted address space) at least in x86 (32 bit) windows so if i understand you right is trimming the allocated memory which photoshop use and giving it to the OS and other app./services.right ? Then the supposed ''tweak'' will have a very adverse effect on the always memory/recources hungry photoshop,generally photoshop is already starving on editing high bit files from modern cameras so every ounce more memory that can be used by photoshop is more then welcome.

12. PROROOTECT

Hello Huupi ,

Have you ever Process Lasso ?
    Yes , you can click on " Trim process RAM ..." of Photoshop process as many times as you want , even on each process that is greedy of memory ... For example : explorer.exe , svchost.exe , your antivirus process ... No problem : the available memory on your PC whenever will increase INSTANTLY ! :thumb:

PS. INSTANTLY , yes . :argh:

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This doesn't make sense to me. What is the point of triming memory from processes that needed to free up memory if you have enough memory that they all can have what they want if leftover to spare.

14. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

HMMM... i did a test with Potoshop with your recomm.but as expected it did nothing,more specific the plugin filters which always crave for recources where not faster at all.Remember if app. need the pagefile to swab data then everything slows down,its inevitable the restrictions of mechanical devices.

15. hossie

hossie Registered Member

I have not tried this application but if you know how to manage the application and services on ur system , you dont need to try this,

16. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Partly true. I tested this app with my wife laptop and it lower memory usage a lot but I haven't do any serious test to prove that there was any sufficient speed improvements.

17. PROROOTECT

Hi ,

These lines are ticked in my Process Lasso :

MAIN :
    # Enable out-of-control process restraint
    # Enable forced mode ( aggressively keep process defaults set

VIEW :
    # Show legend

OPTIONS :

/ Foreground boosting :
    # Enable foreground process priority class boosting
    # Enable foreground thread priority boosting

/ Process restraint settings :
    # Out-of-control process restraint enabled

/# Forced mode ( keep process defaults strictly enforced )

/ System RAM ' recovery ' :
    # Do not periodically recover

/ Log settings :
    # Log out-of-control process priority adjustments
    # Log disallowed processes that are terminated
    # Log default priority adjustments
    # Log default affinity adjustments
    # Keep number of lines in log below : 500

To adjust your speed , see also Google : ESCAPA :argh:
    Thanks , PROROOTECT

18. PROROOTECT

Process Lasso v3.06 released : Sept 11, 2008. Free for home and personal use only ... Increased system responsiveness. Automatically.
    Download for Windows x32, and Windows x64 build. Visit Bitsum Technologies :
    http://www.bitsum.com/

Thanks, PROROOTECT

19. PROROOTECT

Hello,

BEST of all : FREE Process Lasso NEW version :3.06.5 : www.bitsum.com

Increased system responsiveness AUTOMATICALLY !

20. PROROOTECT

NEW version : Process Lasso v3.08.1. Free for home and personal use ONLY.
    ... Automatically.

21. Arup

Arup Guest

The OS actually distributes load well between cores and with x64 kernel, both Windows as well as Linux have improved greatly. I would imagine in days of low less than 1GB RAM and MHz CPU this tool would have come in extremely handy but I do appreciate their commitment in releasing this app free and that too for x32 and x64 when many of the big names don't yet care for x64.

22. PROROOTECT

NEW version Process Lasso v3.18.2 FREEWARE! for home and personal use only for Wilders visitors? Hurry up, you never know !:argh: :argh: :argh:

23. PROROOTECT

NEW & FREE Process Lasso: v3.20: www.bitsum.com
    Engine version: 45600.
    Download is easy: you click on OK every time.
    For operate smoothly - you needn't touch anything. All is checked from the beginning.
    Process Lasso increased system responsiveness AUTOMATICALLY.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  24. Pseudo

Pseudo Registered Member

I finally installed it.
    I do notice everything runs smoother - even games. Prior to Process Lasso, I'd been using Bitsum's PECompact for a long time, too. I'll just see how it goes.

25. PROROOTECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.