Process Lasso - Controls CPU Usage

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Antus, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

HI gang :
    found this little jewel on snapfiles. its called Process Lasso. It controls and regulates CPU usage and boot up time is faster. I have multiple applications starting at boot up including ZoneAlarm ......and everything runs much faster and response time is quicker. Give it a try its a freeway....Here is the main web site for Process Lsso.
    .http://www.bitsum.com/
    Also can be found on http://snapfiles.com/

Enjoy

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Nice

Been looking for something like this a long time. ProcessTamer by DonationCoders was OK but this one is chalked full of many settings and data that a user needs to take into account.

I will also confirm for the record, this app noticable boosts performance!!!

It gets an A+ for now. Thanks for sharing your discovery.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Although i don't use it that much (as my programs prove stability), i remember i preferred Process Tamer for some reason. I think Lasso wasn't stable.

They work by lowering priority for CPU hungry apps. I recommend setting to ignore security programs.

4. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Tried it,but found the regulator never switched on,as shown by the balloon window.

The reason presumably is because a powerful dual core processor has enough capacity to sort out potential bottlenecks.

Unless I'm running a stress tester,the CPU is rarely fully utilised.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I had some reboot issues with the releases version. Beta version worked but I saw no improvement. Not surprised as I know I am not cpu bound on my machines.

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Not usually a believer in such apps. Snake oil? Rated them right up there with memory managers. But on Easters recommendation I will have a go at it on my trusty ol` lap top. Thanks for the heads-up and link Antus.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, it won't make your system take off like a rocket like a nice file placement defrag (UD), but as a multi-tasker and CPU (bound) by an enemic 1250Ghz, it helps when i load up many windows/programs or decide in the middle of something to instinctively take up a challenge with the computer in a game of Chess. :)

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Yours is a speed demon compared to my model t P3 1Ghz. Sure not expecting miracles but every little bit adds up. ;)

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

One question, is it better than ProcessTamer? Does it have more features?

10. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Id say they pretty much have similar functions though in my opinion and experience of using the two id say process tamer is the easier of the two to play with and also a little stabler in heavy cpu taming situations.
    ellison

11. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´ve checked it out quickly, and it seems to offer some more options than Process Tamer, but I don´t like the GUI (which is important to me). I will probably stick to Process Tamer. ;)

12. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

One thing i didn't realise in my previous post is that the author now seems to be developing it and the version that i considered "not quite as stable" as process tamer was version 2.30 which was quite old.Im now checking out the latest version 2.36 for stability under loads etc,though like you i find the gui a lot easier in process tamer especially the sliding bar.
    ellison

13. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I uses Process Tamer and I think it works effectively in controlling the voracious appetite of some program eating too much cpu power. At least, it "discipline" some programs using high amount of cpu energy. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.