Process Lasso 6 free today at GAOTD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thanks for this.
    Good grief it looks a bit complicated but it also looks very handy to have around.

3. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Thank you, What are the pro's and con's of this software ? and O&O CleverCache Professional?

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Don't let the complexity put you off - it runs very well in default, automatic mode. I've been using it for a couple of years with good results.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

CleverCache is a different animal and I don't think it and Process Lasso would conflict. Some people say they notice a slight slowdown with Process Lasso, but I've used it for a couple of years on three computers and I don't see that. There are no "cons" in my experience, just understand that the program is designed to smooth multitasking by restraining aggressive processes - it doesn't make the computer faster which is what some people seem to expect.

6. flamerz

flamerz Registered Member

never worked fine with my computers.

now i use chameleon task manager... i feel lasso slows down both of my computers (a win xp machine and a win 7 laptop).

with the xp machine completely frozen the pc.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, problems happen. What version were you using at the time? Did you try working with the Dev to resolve your slowdowns/freezes? He's very responsive when people have issues.

8. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

My experience with Lasso is similar. I haven't tried v6, and I don't intend to, as v5 very noticeably slowed my PC operations (and I multitask a lot)! Like most other PC optimizers, imho this is just another example of 'snakeoil'. :doubt:

Cruise

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Saying it didn't work well for you is one thing and saying it's "snake oil" is something else. Why do you declare the product bogus in general based on your limited personal experience?

10. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I own the pro version of the software with a lifetime license and it works absolutely fine on my systems, the developer is really helpful; with queries and general support as well.

This product is not intended to improve performance of the PC,but rather as the name quite aptly suggests it lasso's :D any untamed and uncontrollable process so that your PC does not freeze or go in a state of deadlock.

I have found this highly useful as I tend to open more than 200 tabs with my browser and process lass keeps it from engulfing the PC's resources.

11. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Does anyone know if the GAOTD offer today is the Pro version? Thanking you in advance for your reply.

John

12. The Red Moon

This seems a handy utility.Is this the free or pro version been given away as the website seems vague.

13. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Pro version. I get the "program fails to launch" message after it checks the website gateway! It sucks. :mad:

14. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Chill-out, I was just giving my opinion (and not making any declaration). How is that any different than the hundreds of similar opinions on Wilders re other system optimizers, reg cleaners, etc.? o_O

Cruise

15. The Red Moon

Ive just installed it and the activation had no problems.Not entirely sure i need this as i think it is intended more for low spec computers.:doubt:

16. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

IMHO this kind of programs, had sense when CPUs had 1 core. With multicore CPUs and improved task schedulers in Windows, it is impossible to arrive to a situation where the PC "freezes" because of 100% load. Maybe it could still be useful for 2 core CPUs, but no way for 4 cores or more. I am heavy multitasker and at least since my first 4 core, i never felt the need for something like that.

But, one can try on its own and see...

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Back when i tested Process Lasso on my laggy laptop it really did help IMO.
    Simple things such as opening the browser, opening a document, startup etc. were noticeably faster but that's because my laptop is kinda slow. (2 GB RAM, AMD E-350, 5400RPM HDD)
    However in my desktop there was no difference at all. :D

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

No chilling necessary. Opinions are all most of us have to offer. I try to consider what I have to say carefully. The term "snake oil" in particular implies false claims - is that what you meant?

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I see more benefit on my dual core laptop compared with my quad core desktop. It makes a difference on the desktop too, but it's more subtle and if I wasn't using it I probably wouldn't perceive a problem. I don't notice it having any negative impact on resources though.

20. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

High end PC's can benefit from this as well, I know because I'm running it on my High end Quad Core with 8GBs of RAM....and it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.