Process Guard Review.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Bowserman, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi All :)

I have just noticed that Rod (Rod Soto) has done a nice review on Process Guard at his Anti-Trojan-Security website.

You can find the Process Guard review and much more great info here.

Best regards,
    Jade.

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Now that is a nice review and a great looking site :)

Well done Rod ! :eek:

3. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

... and jade beat me to it. Glad you both like it!

Rod

4. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

:p :D.

Best regards,
    Jade.

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Very nice, only the price has gone up to $29.95, still a bargain :D
    Dolf

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

$29.95 ? Since when? :)

To my knowledge it is still $24.95

Anyhow, good review Rod, and great site. :)

-Jason-

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

The link to this review has been very useful as they show step by step PG in action. I have been considering PG for some time now but when I read all the questions in the forum I wonder if I would know how to use it without 'creating' problems on my computer :oops:
    I realise the importance of PG but when it came to all the 'Read, Write, Terminate' etc I began to think I would not have a clue what I should be doing :oops:

I feel the screenshots with the installation review will go long way to helping me gain the confidence to actually install PG on my computer. I need the confidence before using software I do not fully understand. I have bookmarked the review to check back on it, thanks.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Rod, i like the review, looks great and informative, step by step instruction. I also really like the screenshots, very clear and bright!
    Some day i'll be able to run it too, spring cleaning on my system step by step etc etc.

Robyn, give yourself time to read and understand what is all needed in every step, visit Rod's site more often as there are lots of very interesting pages there!

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks Jookse I will be doing this as 'confidence' means a lot to me with such powerful software. I would so much like to know I can use it as purchasing is no problem and now the Hyper Threading error has been resolved I think I will just have to visit Rod's site and do a lot of reading and learning.

Unfortunately for me I read the problems first!

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Robyn, Before installing Process Guard I would recommend that you do full Anti_virus, Anti-Trojan & spyware scans so that you start with a "clean" system

The Process Guard start up Wizard cuts out a lot of the installation worries.

Process Guard's default settings will do the basic system protection and learning mode helps build your MD5 protected program list, after running all your normal trusted programmes and enabling the General protection items, just reboot and learning mode will be switched off automatically.

After that each new or changed programme will open up a Process Guard window asking what you would like to let the programme do.

Having gone through the basic steps you can then start to add other programmes into the protected program list. These would usually be your Internet enabled programmes such as email clients, browser and Anti virus.

Most of these just need the first for Block options but may also require some Allow options, these can be seen by watching the Process Guard log and adjusting to suit.

Any programmes you are not sure about you can post a thread here or email DCS support who will be more than willing to assist you. :)

11. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi Pilli

One thing I am confident about is a clean computer! I think I do more scans in the day than anyone with TDS / AV / Ad-aware / Spybot plus a few weekly online scans! I have quite a few other security programs guarding me therefore my next step is to guard these with PG ;)

I had tried the free version which gave me the kernel error and after that I uninstalled. Now that the new version is released and I now know it has a 'learning mode' it may just keep me out of 'panic mode' about doing the wrong thing!

I have my router hardware firewall but also run Sygate Pro which has an anti-application hijack feature will this cause conflict with PG?

12. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I ran Sygate pro 5 with all the builds of PG with absolutely no problems :) I am in the process of changing my firewall at the moment as I do not like the new build of sygate 5.5 and my licence is up for renewal, I will probably use Outpost 2 which I am running on Server 2003 with Process Guard.

13. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I agree with not liking the new build of Sygate - unfortunately for me I purchased a 2 yr license and will have another year BUT if I get so fed up especially now it doesn't like my AV updater I may well be looking for another firewall too.

14. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I just wanted to say that the review is very beneficial to those of us that are not as computer savy. I feel that everyone should read it before going to v2. It may save some headaches. And of course I think everyone should have PG.

15. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

Glad everyone likes it, more reviews to come too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.