Process Guard Question...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dja2k, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Is there any where that shows a list of what optiuons to enable and block n process guard for the defualt windows services or any other common app. Thinks like global hooks or access physical memory.

dja2k

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi dja2k, There are a few here: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/pgdb/
    If you installed on a clean machine then run learning mode, all the necessary settings will be made. After the learning process is complete then you can alter the various flags to suit yourself.
    Be aware though that you could cause your system to hang or see other unexpected results by blocking some windows services.

HTH Pilli

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have a question about ProcessGuard. I purchased it two days ago, I have installed thing five times because once I get everything set up in Learning Mode and then take it out of Learning Mode, all of a sudden in the right corner it will say, pgaccount.exe not running. Does anyone know of a remedy for this? I'm running XP Home Edition with SP1 and SP2. I just had the computer reformatted, so I know there was no Nasties on it.

By the way you do have a great forum! I would appreciate any help I could get.
    Rilla927

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Are you running any other programs that could be conflicting? Is the ProcessGuard icon on the taskbar and is it green or blue (learning mode or not)? Also try to manually check the PROTECTION and SECURITY tabs for any items blocking ProcessGUard itself from running, don't know how that could happen, but you never know.

dja2k

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Rilla,

Sometimes if an install goes bad it is because there are some stuff left in the registry from previous installs. What I do is uninstall PG, run RegSeeker with backup registry checked and turned on (I would use the previous release and not the current beta in order to be on the safe side), and then I try to reinstall with all of my AV/ATs turned off so that they don't block anything during the PG install.

If you are not comfortable in doing this, I am sure Pilli or others will be around shortly to try to help you out further.

Rich

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Re: djk2a and Rich,

Hi guys! I do have a nice Uninstaller program, called Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite, great program. I always use that when I uninstall anything. I do turn off everything that's running, and I mean everything, so there is zero items running.

Anyway, I found out Ad-Watch was blocking it as I suspected from begining. So, I uninstalled the program again. This time I turned off the "active" and "automatic" buttons in Ad-Watch and then unloaded it before I done the new install of PG. When I restarted Ad-Watch it asked for a confirmation on PG and I clicked okay. I read in another thread where Pilli said that a lot of times Ad-Watch'es window will be obscured because of the other windows popping up at same time when you restart. They were right, because I never seen the window all the other times. So far, everything is running fine, due to all you good folk!

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.