Process Guard hand in hand with Outpost Firewall

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by racketeer66, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

I use Outpost Firewall. I would like to use Process Guard as an additional layer of my security-system. how does these two getting along together? Is there a cooperation or are they workin' against each other? Especially some features of Outpost - plugins(Active-content, Component-control, anti-leaking etc.) can have the same fuction like Process Guard. So who has some experience? Would he be as kind as to share it with me? I'd appreciate Your help!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc, ive had them both installed in the past with no conflict. the most similar feature between them is the process memory control. i usually just disable this in outpost.

teh active content plugin of outpost is not anything that PG covers. its more of a online content filter.

the component control is another feature not in PG. PG can prompt when an application is launched but Outpost detects when an application launches another application.

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Also use them both with no problems.

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Please review this post for details on setting up PG's Secure Message Handling feature to work with Outpost.

The only area where Outpost and PG could be said to overlap would be with Outpost 3.x's Process Memory control feature but this just detects changes made while PG can block them, so keeping it enabled does no harm (and can be useful if you have network-accessing software that you have forgotten to protect with PG).
    Outpost's Component Control alerts on new and changed DLLs (PG only alerts on changes to executable files). It doesn't detect when one application is launching another though - perhaps you were thinking of System Safety Monitor?

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thanks for the correction p2k, i was thinking of outpost's hidden process control.

6. linney

linney Registered Member

For what it is worth, I have been using Process Guard in tandem with Outpost Firewall for several years and have never had any problems between the two.

7. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Green light-1st experiences are very good. I have used 3.26 some time ago, but I tried to live without it (I had Outpost 3.51, NOD32, WinDefender, Spywareblaster, IE-Spyad) - and just to have PG added I've found it an overkill.:)
    Now everything seems smooth nice and easy. PG is his learning-Phase as supposed to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.