Process Guard and Integrity Checkers

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by FanJ, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

First a disclaimer: I don't know much about Process Guard because I can't use it on my W 98 SE system; if I would start using anywhere in the future another Windows-system, I certainly would use Process Guard.

OK, here are some thoughts only for the paranoids :D

If you use a "real-time" File-Integrity-Checker (like for example File Checker from Javacool) to watch for changes in certain files, let Process Guard protect File Checker so it cannot be terminated.

Maybe let File Checker watch important files of Process Guard.

If you use an on-demand File-Integrity-Checker (like for example the CRC32-test in TDS-3, NISFileCheck, or Adinf32), let File Checker from Javacool watch the important files of that on-demand File-Integrity-Checker.

If you use a "real-time" Registry-Integrity-Checker (like for example RegProt from DiamondCS or RegRun from Greatis), let Process Guard protect that Registry-Integrity-Checker.

If you use a Registry-Integrity-Checker and a File-Integrity-Checker, all the above, and let the File-Integrity-Checker watch the important files of the Registry-Integrity-Checker.

As I said: I am in no way an expert on Process Guard, and it's just for the paranoids between us :D

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jan, A touch of Roman thought I think :) Quis Custodiet ipsos custodes
    "Who shall guard the guards?" :D

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

what born first ? the egg or the Hen ? :)

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

5. mglenn

mglenn Registered Member

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.
    And by the the way rooster came first. ;-)

6. Rod S

Rod S Registered Member

heh, reminds me of a saying I came across a long time ago. Along the same lines as mglenn.

Just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you, besides, you're not paranoid, everyone just thinks you are.

7. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

:eek: That is pretty funny Rod :eek: :)

A healthy dose of paranoia is always good when dealing with computers, it also seems computing attracts people who have tendencies for paranoia, but that is another discussion.

PG will have checksumming in the next version, of any process which gets run.

-Jason-

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

~grin~ :D

Save those checksums secure Jason ;)
    Rod and Wayne might remember a very old discussion at the private board ;) ;)

Cheers, Jan.

9. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Since the file won't be able to be read or modified I don't think it is an issue Jan. :)

-Jason-

10. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

I have read it several times that next PG will have checksums. May I have more details here? Will PG only check the checksum of the executable file itself or the loaded dlls too?

regards,
    hojtsy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.